Author Topic: Most expensive visit??  (Read 1907 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Most expensive visit??
« on: September 06, 2010, 19:37:24 PM »
On the news today; The British taxpayer is to foot a bill of £8.5 Million pounds in order that the leader of the worlds CATHOLIC church can visit the country!!!!

Why the hell should ALL taxpayers pay for this visit, when we are not ALL of the Catholic faith?? Let the Catholic communities pay for it!! I for one, could not care less if he turned up here or not, as far as I am concerned, he is simply a German priest, who suddenly became a sort of 'Demi-God' to millions of people, on a ballot!!

Rather than be feted and applauded wherever he goes in the world, the majority of the public would probably be a lot happier if he was brought to book over his blind condoning of the ever growing number of young men who have been raped and sexually molested by his legions of paedophilic priests and underlings.
Our coalition government is bending over backwards, (painful, I believe), in order to invent new ways of saving money, and then this stupid bloody idea!!
Gordy.
And yes, I am a VERY staunch Protestant, protesting once again.

Offline grizabella

Most expensive visit??
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 21:17:37 PM »
Gordon A,I agree with you wholeheartedly.I was in Edinburgh a week ago and was astonished at the amount of money it was going to cost the city for the honour of having the Pope visit.Not everyone is for the visit even some of the Catholic faith that I spoke to.Unfortunately there is talk of the Orange Men arranging a march on the same day the Pope drives through Princess Street.Shades of the Auld Enemy raising its ugly head.I just hope His Holiness's visit passes without incident......No,I am not a Protestant I am a Jew.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Most expensive visit??
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 21:42:04 PM »
Given the wealth of the catholic church they should be footing the bill not us!

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Most expensive visit??
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 22:24:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Spot on GB

Offline Mr Pickles

Most expensive visit??
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 07:10:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

I fully agree GB

Offline AndyLin

Most expensive visit??
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 08:32:17 AM »
With GB on this one

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Most expensive visit??
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 13:36:33 PM »
Just heard that his 'Highness' the pope is intending visiting Turkey on his world conquering tour, (just a little free junket before he goes upstairs to meet his Daddy), of course, and ALL European ex-pats will be expected to meet all costs, including a huge proposed security bill of around £4.5 million pounds, now, has THAT woken you lot up???? : :): :) 8) :o
Gordy.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Most expensive visit??
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 14:00:13 PM »
flipping heck the catholic church is one of the richest organisations in the world....they should be picking up the cost grrrrrr  it infuriates me.  How many hospitals / schools / heros could that equip ?

Offline Eric

Most expensive visit??
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 14:01:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

Just heard that his 'Highness' the pope is intending visiting Turkey on his world conquering tour, (just a little free junket before he goes upstairs to meet his Daddy), of course, and ALL European ex-pats will be expected to meet all costs, including a huge proposed security bill of around £4.5 million pounds, now, has THAT woken you lot up???? : :): :) 8) :o
Gordy.

Where did you get this info from Gordon?

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
Most expensive visit??
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 17:19:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

quote:
Originally posted by GordonA

Gordy.

Where did you get this info from Gordon?

I heard this on the radio four news a few weeks ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf