Author Topic: Poppy Day Sparkly Poppy where to buy  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Poppy Day Sparkly Poppy where to buy
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »
The sparkly poppies that the ladies have been wear on Strictly and on various T.V. programmes are about £80.00 each. However, the British Legion website have a lovely cheaper version.  It's a limited edition Poppy Brooch by Buckley.  With postage it's £11.99. and the money goes to a good cause.   Also on this site is lot of other poppy jewellery.
A word of warning. The site has been inundated with people wanting the brooches so, it's extremely slow so expect to spend a long time waiting to get one, best to try really early or very late in the day. Got mine this morning ;)
Go to https://www.poppyshop.org.uk

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 13:55:17 PM »
Keith :  can we ban Jacqui from CBF...   please ?  I know this is all for a good cause, but still...... ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 14:35:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pookie

Keith :  can we ban Jacqui from CBF...   please ?  I know this is all for a good cause, but still...... ;)

Now look Pookie you may have spent £80.00 on a brooch.  I have saved you so much money.. That's gratitude for you: :):D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 14:43:28 PM »
no, I've resisted this one, but I still think you are a terribly bad influence  ;):D:D:D

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 21:29:07 PM »
Oh dear my favourite flower, Gordon has given the link to a friend (he didn't offer to buy it for me:()  out comes the card, well it is for a good cause:D

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »
they were advertised on the Alan Titchmarsh show last night, other goodies such as umbrellas and cuff links.  Loz - you must love Turkey in May then if you like Poppies.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »
oh dear, the Poppyshop website is 'down'......

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »
I didn't watch the show but that might explain why the website was so slow.

Yes Pookie Poppy fields, I used to love going for a drive into the countryside just to look at the poppy fields, I have so many photos but they never look as good as the real thing.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »
off topic slightly, but I remember driving back from Ephesus one May, over the hills.  We came across fields and fields of poppies, mainly white 'medicinal' poppies, but I remember one particular field of deep purple poppies, absolutely beautiful and so unusual.  Stunning.  We are back next May and hope to do the same route - I will ensure I have the camera fully charged this trip !!!  (found a lovely red field on the way to Patara (Xanthos way) last spring, that was beautiful, but the photo didn't really do it credit.  I always want to run into the middle of the field and take a photo from there, but am worried about the reaction of the farmers !!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 11:06:48 AM »
No Loz, the website has been slow for a few days now because it has had wide coverage on social networking sites.  A lot of woman had been looking for the sparkly poppies and now they have found the site everyone is buying them, seems they have become a "must have fashion item".  Apart from this being such a good cause, the bonus is they are made by Buckley and a limited edition.
I was quite surprised when I went to the site and saw all the poppy items they have.  I am sure you will be in Poppy heaven.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf