Author Topic: Ba Ba Pink Sheep...P.C. Gone Mad  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Ba Ba Pink Sheep...P.C. Gone Mad
« on: December 08, 2010, 13:21:12 PM »
My Daughter heard from her friend in southern England yesteday who has a small child at Nursery School.  They had a warning that the song Ba Ba black sheep will not be allowed.  The children are now singing Ba Ba Pink Sheep have you any spots!!!!
I don't understand this as there are black sheep and white sheep so I cannot see the problem.  Seems a shame to change an old nursery rhyme for P.C. reasons:([?]

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:40:29 AM »
Jacqui, there isn't a problem other than in some PC idiots misguided imagination[:(!]

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Grrrrr, this sort of thing makes me so Angry!!!!
This and pathetic rules like the one introduced into some schools that says the children may not eat with their hands at lunch - now if it was a matter of good manners then OK (although manners should be taught at home)but apparently this is to prevent them getting nasty germs.....I take it the kids are also not allowed fruit, crisps, loose sweets etc that all require to be touched to consume.

Petty and pathetic and downright infuriating.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
Infuriating yes that these people not only exist, but that they achieve positions of power where their misguided views can be acted upon. The silver lining is that with a small amount of investigation, many of these stories tend to be media fantasy.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
But remember that schools can't ban you from filming or taking photographs of your own children under the Data Protection Act

[http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-492364/Data-Protection-Act-DOESNT-ban-parents-filming-school-play.html

Also, if you want to stir things up a bit, ask any organisation that has CCTV installed that records images of the general public, if they have a licence issued by the ICO. If they don't, they can be reported and, if found guilty, heavily fined.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:35:20 PM by KKOB »

Offline milliemars

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
The PC brigade have a lot to answer for and have had this nursery rhyme changed a good while now,I remeber when my girls were at school my youngest is now 34 they were made to sing Baa Baa white sheep.Noddy can no longer have his golliwogs in his stories,I think thew world is going slightly mad and has been for a long time Politcally Correct Baa humbug !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 12:42:40 PM »
The banning of Christmas in favour of "Winter festivals" is quite ridiculous, but I must say I think you do have to accept that things have moved on - golliwogs on marmalade jars and in Noddy books are probably best left in the past in my view.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
Just heard from the girl that does my nails that her sister's children at nursery here in Scotland cannot sing Ba Ba Black sheep anymore, they had a letter home about it a while ago. It has to be pink sheep, but they are allowed say wool!!!
Also she was saying that the Nativity Play is ticket only so the nursery can vet who is going to come and only then they will allow cameras.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 12:46:34 PM »
yes, my daughter (17)was taught the pc version.

Last week I was having a conversation with her and her friend about seeing a Golly on ebay and the fact that it bought back childhood memories of my beautiful golly with stripy trousers.  Both of them looked at me blankly - neither of them knew what a golly was.  How sad is that ?!  i remember fighting over who could cut the lables off the robinson jam the quickest in order to send off for the latest golly collectible (I still have the badges some where).  So sad.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 13:12:52 PM »
couldnt agree more-its ridiculous

Even my local petrol station has got in on the act displaying "No smoking or any naked flames in the forecourt"- Political correctness gone mad.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf