Author Topic: Flat on Your Ar*e - Yes or No?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Flat on Your Ar*e - Yes or No?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
Actually Leeds isnt bad at all- compared to 2 weeks ago! Its a very light dusting like icing sugar and the roads are clear so you should be fine! The M62 between the airport and Leeds is fine- friend drove it yesterday and saw snow on the hills but nothing more. Just watch out for the freezing fog thats on its way!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
No photos or video I'm afraid. I did go down gracefully, not in a mangled heap, more like a big soft mattress being slid down the stairs. It was exactly opposite a bus stop where moments earlier a full bus had just pulled away, so I guess I am lucky that I didn't perform to a larger audience :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:31 PM »
Can recommend the things you put on shoes/boots to grip in the snow.  I got two sets from QVC and now walk with total confidence through the ice.  Glad I got a set for my daughter who has to carry the baby to the supermarket as the pavements are too bad to push a pram or buggy.  Now you are getting on a bit Keith you should get yourself a set, you know at your age if you break a bone it can be serious!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 12:51:03 PM »
Ha ha, your concern is touching Jacqui  :)

Just how old do people think I am? I was shocked and offended last year when I went to the doctor and he said "people of your age are advised to have the flu jab". How rude!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 13:53:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I went to the doctor and he said "people of your age are advised to have the flu jab". How rude!
With considerable righteous indignation you should say: "How dare you! I am NOT a 'person of my age'."

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 19:05:18 PM »
Your not on your own keith, no not me, but watched a few go the other night, and mostly in twos, holding each other up, luckily they were having a good laugh about, though not sure that would be the case when the drink wore off

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 14:10:18 PM »
I have to confess to ending up on my posterier in an undignified heap on Friday night about eleven-ish, but as no one saw it, therefore none knows and it doesnt count.  

The fact that I had been on the sauce (office Christmas party) since 1PM had nothing to do with it at all !

Honest.

Offline Tineathers

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 16:13:00 PM »
I went AoT BEFORE the bad weather and BEFORE i'd had a drink and ended up with a broken hand. Now with the bad weather hubby has to hold on to me as soon as i set foot out of the door! Back to work on Wednesday so I'd best be careful.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
Poor Mumsie (78) went upside down while toddling down the street to post her cards.   Slipped on ice and whooppsss, legs in the air.  Now, Mumsie is a big lady....and once landed on her rather substantial derierre, was like a little upturned beetle.   An equally large, but younger lady saw her sqwiggling and rushed over to help her....put out her arm to pull Mumsie up and whooppsssss went over with her.  There lay two sqwiggling upturned beetles, legs a wiggling...but low and behold, what did appear, a spotty, hooded youth.....who rushed over and rescued them both.  Then proceeded to take them to the local cafe and buy them a hot tea each to make sure they were ok.   awwwwwww

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf