Author Topic: Sat Nav  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Sat Nav
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 20:09:13 PM »
We bought a "Nav Man" off Ebay for my son and it was terrible, the seller's reason for the sale was he could not get on with it and i can see why! It took ages and ages to kick in just used to get a message saying waiting for I think it was some sort of signal to kick in this may last up to am hour!it directed us totally wrong going to Sussex once it was sending us somewhere completely different, luckily we knew on that journey where we were going, that was the day we decided to get rid, and just to top it all off the lady directing us had a lisp!

Offline maximumtom

Sat Nav
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 19:17:38 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

KKOB

Yes it gives turn by turn voice instructions and you can also buy cheap car fittings off ebay including car chargers et. I think I paid �5.00 for the charger and window fixing.

It's run by ovi maps and if you google ovi you will see what I mean.

Really easy and excellent quality - added bonus is its free with their smart phones on any tarif.

:)

Out of interest I Googled ovi and had a look at the map of where I live.  It has 973 Sokak labelled as 974 and 974 sokak is labelled as 1295 Sokak and 1005 Sokak is labelled correctly at one end but wrongly labelled as 1298 Sokak at the other end. Other roads look to have numbers too high for the area but I haven't checked any more. Three known errors in a couple of hundred yards would not give me the confidence to use it on a journey.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 19:39:25 PM by maximumtom »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sat Nav
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 23:08:37 PM »
See GB's post on the first page. Sums it up I guess.

As I said - we downloaded and used the sat nav in NZ and it was spot on.

What's a Sokak between friends anyway ;-)

Offline mary2

Sat Nav
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
we have a tom tom we find it very good the best buy is a refurbish one from tom tom web site.the europe map covers turkey and still has a years guarantee hope this helps. peter & mary

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Sat Nav
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 17:18:28 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

What's a Sokak between friends anyway ;-)

It makes all the difference when you're delivering or collecting someone's car!  ;)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Sat Nav
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 18:26:24 PM »
Worst thing about the Tom Tom is getting the damn power lead in the thing,we went from a Garmin point and shoot type thing with no trouble to a must have Tom Tom and we had no end of trouble. we paid for new and what we got was not new it took months to sort out. Now it is sorted we are pleased with it, the traffic system is good on it regarding traffic jams but you do look like the car is hooked up to a life support machine there are so many wires.

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 20:45:49 PM »
We use a Tom Tom in the UK, to very good effect. I asked the TT support people about the quality of Turkish maps between Antalya and Bodrum and even they said "don't bother". Things might have improved over the past 6 months but I doubt by much.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Sat Nav
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 23:28:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by TheBruces187

We use a Tom Tom in the UK, to very good effect. I asked the TT support people about the quality of Turkish maps between Antalya and Bodrum and even they said "don't bother". Things might have improved over the past 6 months but I doubt by much.

Seems whatever you use in Turkey it will struggle.

In my opinion the only thing I can pull up the Nokia for is the fact it sometimes takes a while to pick up the satellites. Other then that it is far better than the Halfords one we have (Navsure?)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Sat Nav
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 23:54:17 PM »
Koca Calis - Calis - Akarca - Migros - Fettier - Tasyaka - One Horse Town - Magaluf - Olu Deniz

There you go, the entire region mapped, free of charge :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf