Author Topic: Singapore Airlines  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« on: March 07, 2011, 20:23:43 PM »
Apoligies if this should be in the flight section was not sure if the flights section is meant to be for Turkish flights only,Has anyone flown with this airline on a long haul flight if so did you fly on one of their A380 planes, wondered if the leg room and food etc was good or not really any different to any other plane.
Many thanks for any advice on this.

Offline fethiyeflo

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 20:48:24 PM »
i flew with these a couple yrs ago,i dont know what plane it was i flew to singapore from istanbul,it was comfortoble and food was good

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 23:25:16 PM »
Not with them but with Emirates and the A380 is really no different to any other plane (unless you can afford to go upstairs).

Leg room fine. Been on it 3 times now to Thailand and no probs with room at all.

Offline starman™

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
A380s dont fly out of Istanbul yet but they have just finished the runway for them and they have had a few test flights land as THY are looking to buy some.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »
Ok thanks everyone I am about to book a flight for my son to Australia and this airline loks quite good, no unfortunately he cant afford to go upstairs Stoop!

Offline sandgrounder

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 10:17:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Karennina

Ok thanks everyone I am about to book a flight for my son to Australia and this airline loks quite good, no unfortunately he cant afford to go upstairs Stoop!

Tell him to have a cheeky smile at the check in desk and ask if there are any free upgrades. It's worked for people in the past:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
If he's traveling alone he might have a chance. Tell him to dress up smart and ask nicely. You never know ;-)

Offline marina

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »
Definitely worth asking - I know people it's worked for too, especially if he's on his own.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 21:50:41 PM »
Thank you all again for your comments will pass on the tips for him to try for the free upgrade.Flight is now finally booked with Singapore Airlines, and to think this is the lad a few years back I was asking on the forum for someone to fly to Turkey with him he is going all the way to Australia on his own!

Offline marina

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
I know just how you feel Karen.  My daughter went out to Australia on her own a few years ago now.  Couldn't quite believe it was happening  til it did but, after a few hiccups in the first few weeks, she settled down and found herself a good job at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney and had a great time.  She's back home again now, well living in London, but still talks about going back sometime.

I'm sure your son will be fine and have a great time himself.

How long is he planning on going for?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf