Author Topic: Singapore Airlines  (Read 2209 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
He will love it!! The people and the places he will see are wonderful. He'll also meet lots of other solo travelers.

I wish I was 35 years younger and single. I'd be off tomorrow!

Offline Jo

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 16:22:03 PM »
I flew on the Singapore Airlines A380 from Singapore to Heathrow and it was fantastic. I was very nervous when I saw it's size but there was plenty of leg room and great ceiling height; and the crew were terrific. It was difficult to imagine we were actually on a plane. I just loved it (and I usually hate flying)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 20:45:01 PM »
Thanks again for all postitve feedback. Marina he has been planning it for about a year, he has been stuck in a job he dislikes and has a friend that emigrated to Oz about three years ago, they have always said he would be welcome out there to stay with them until he finds his feet, so he decided to go for it but initially was worried he could not do the flight and connections on his own, I have said to him Jack you have a tongue in your head people will always help you if you ask, well you like to think they would i always help people no matter what if it is in my power to do so. As Stoop said if he was 40 youngers  oops sorry Stoop (only joking!)and single he would do it, I too would love too but I am happy to be old and my final desination long term is my lovely Calis.

Offline marina

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 22:02:32 PM »
Karen, I really do wish Jack (and you) the best of luck and I'm sure he'll have the most wonderful experience if my daughter's is anything to go by.  She was also pretty scared about the travelling on her own bit but, as Stoop said, he will meet loads of other single travellers (probably even on the flight out there) and it will be a big help if he has contacts to help him out when he gets there.  Laura had a few contacts of her own and it just helps to get over the first few weeks until they find their feet.

But I'm with you and Stoop in that, while I'd still love to visit Australia, that's all it will be now.  Roll on 6th May - Calis beckons!!   8)

Let us know how he goes on.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 23:06:21 PM »
Well that is it my son has gone tonight to Australia his flight is now airbourne and what a lovely experience his check in was at Heathrow! Jack did what was recommended on here and smiled and asked for a free upgrade, there was no upgrades available but he was offered a choice of either an extra leg room seat (no extra cost) or a whole row of seats to himself (no extra cost)he was even told there would be an infant behind him that may obviously cry if he chose the extra leg room seat and was also offered free special assistance in Singapore to see him to the next lap of his journey.This lovely chap tonight has restored my faith in humanity!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 23:12:45 PM »
Excellent service. Worth remembering next time we fly long haul

Offline marina

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »
That's good to hear Karen.  So glad he's happily on his way.
Well done also to Singapore Airlines for their excellent service.  One to recommend I think.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 19:26:43 PM »
yes it really was excellent service, the lad on the desk could not help us enough and we were not hurried at all, I would highly recommend this airline for long haul flights.

Offline tel

Singapore Airlines
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 19:53:00 PM »
I'm sure thats why they're voted best Airline

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Singapore Airlines
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 22:36:44 PM »
Not quite Tel - 2nd in 2010 but they did get the Best Cabin Staff vote.

They still sound a good bet to me though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf