Author Topic: Give them a slap  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:53 AM »
I fully understand "the damned if we do and damned if we don't" argument, but I would have been perfectly happy for the police to get their batons out and to have waded into the violent element at yesterday's march in London. The mindless violent thugs came looking for trouble and that's exactly what we should have given them. Of course the do-gooders would have moaned about police brutality but the majority in this country, I beilieve, would not have objected.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:51 AM »
There were 4500 police there yesterday so I'd like to know why didn't they just move in and arrest and cart them off.

I have seen the coverage and they were a relatively small crowd of people (about 300) dwarfed by the rest of the quarter of a million people that were there to peacefully protest.

I hope the media coverage gives as much air time to the issues and the reason for the need for an anti cuts march as it will to the trouble and violence...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:46 AM »
I was absolutely amazed Nichola:(. The police seemed merely to casually walk up to where the thugs were causing criminal damage and when they got there, just let the people walk away.

I suppose the "infiltration" was always going to happen but it did, as before, detract from the peaceful protest.

(agreeing or disagreeing with the mrach is for another topic and not this one, I hope)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:00:31 AM by Highlander »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 11:09:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

I suppose the "infiltration" was always going to happen but it did, as before, detract from the peaceful protest.

:D  8) :D

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:22 AM »
easy, spray them with indelible ink and pick them up later.

Offline sannyrut

Give them a slap
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 14:23:10 PM »
I too am disgusted with the apparent apathy of the police nowadays.At the protest,where were the go and grab squad?Sitting behind monitors watching pictures sent to them?What a surprise that everyone was watching live law breaking,and there were no actual real police there to prevent it.The police have been neutered by past politicians.

Offline sandgrounder

Give them a slap
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 15:06:08 PM »
I can't understand why people march anyway. Nothing ever changes. Politicians will never take any notice of what the people want!

I agree with Tinx. Arrest them later then castrate them so they can't breed:D

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 16:37:09 PM »
I'm a actually with sannyrut on this one, the state of apathy has been present in Liverpool for a long time, but I never thought they would allow themselves to be filmed in London , not doing there job, the criminals are laughing at the system, and who can blame them,

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Give them a slap
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 20:31:27 PM »
The march which had a very serious message was still very much a fun day, with families, community groups, music and plenty of aughter.And as one of the half million or so at yesterday's march, I do get kissed off when the message of the march is dminished in part because of the stupidity of a few hundred tw*ts from the lunatic fringe.

I am not sure who is worse, the loons for their juvenile 'attacks on capitalism', or the news editors of both the press and tv, for giving them the newspace or airtime that they crave?  

As to the Old Bill, same old, same old I'm afraid.  There appeared to be plenty of them every few yards along the route of the march, where they were not required and the job was easy, as the march was being well stewarded by TUC Stewards. Yet where the policing job was required they continued to be bystanders..easy life on overtime rates.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Give them a slap
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 20:47:14 PM »
If the press and tv had not shown the footage, how would we have known that the police apparenty failed to do their jobs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf