Author Topic: Take That - will it be worth it?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Take That - will it be worth it?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:05:04 AM »
Funny how the women love him and men hate him.... wonder why ? ; )

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 10:05:47 AM »
Maybe you ladies will be right - just read this before leaving for the trip to the North East:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1391604/Take-That-kick-Progress-tour-stunning-backdrop-60ft-man-acrobatics-towering-wall-water.html

Ian

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »
We ladies are always right. Trust us Ian, he is an amazing performer, enjoy it for what he does, not for perceptions of his personality. His exterior image covers up a very mixed up guy who has had to battle with lots of problems.
He even stopped and had a few tears in amazement at so many adoring fans at Knebworth.
Big headed, no, insecure definitely.
Just enjoy it Ian.
Yours jealously, Linda

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »
I think you may be right  :)

Offline peter16

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2011, 12:41:19 PM »
Linda, good-yes, amazing performer-yes,performs as good as Freddie Mercury sorry the answer got to be no, but yes he is good SheWMBO says so.:D:D

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 13:57:14 PM »
I have seen Take That and Queen in concert and it is Queen for me any day. Queen were outstanding and Freddie was the ultimate showman. The important thing for me s value for money and I must say they both gave 110%. Another star performer is Elton John. Went to see him and his support act was Lulu. It was a great night.It is really personal preference.

Many years ago I went to see Neil Diamond at Earls Court. Charles and Diana were at the same concert and Neil Diamond performed for two and a half hours. Some friends from work were going the following night and were asking me about it. I told them how long he performed for. The following day they came into work and said my timings were wrong and he only did an hour and a half. They were cheated and what was really annoying was that they paid for their tickets where Charles and Diana probably got them for nothing.

The price of tickets is a disgrace.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 13:58:13 PM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »
Well - here we go. The concert was good but at £90 per ticket it needed to be. :D
Not as good for me as Rod Stewart or Phil Collins or some others I could mention for me but overall it was still good.

The Pet Shop Boys were a bit of a disappointment for me (seen them before in much smaller venues and the rule seems to be "the smaller the venue the better the experience - or maybe I am just old!")
This venue seemed too big for them, they appeared to be miming almost like a poor karaoke system and the sound was not synchronised with the screens which was surprising as the sound was spot on for Take That.

When Take That came on the special effects were really very good.
The 4 of them were very very good and even I could see they were doing a good job, singing and dancing and enjoying themselves.

Then Robbie came on and I just don't like him. Without a doubt he made the place go up another notch with lots of young (15 - 25) people in the audience going wild - that age group surprised me.

When he sang he was good - you could see in his face how much he was putting into it - but sadly there was this continual yobbishness - lewd gestures - that made me want to see the other 4 back on stage which duly happened. Gary Barlow is undoubtedly the "rock" that holds it all together and he was class from start to finish as were the other three.

So all in all - Gill thought it was great - it lasted from 7.15pm to 10.45pm with no breaks - driving back to the hotel when talking about RW I said "what is it about him?" and she came up with the word Yob - that summed up his downside in my humble opinion perfectly.

Ian

Ps The stadium arrangements were first class - people were allowed to take their own food and drink in which surprised me and the stewarding and access and free parking were a plus!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:56:46 AM by Ian »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf