Author Topic: what i miss  (Read 863 times)

Offline jul bri

what i miss
« on: July 26, 2011, 17:54:21 PM »
Have been here now for 15 months and i can say the only thing i miss from the uk is a nice bit of extra mature english chedder, my mouth is watering just thinking about, ive tried allsort of cheese here i just dont like soft rubbery stuff, anybody found anything remotly resembling chedder, what do you miss most?.
brian.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
what i miss
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 19:09:17 PM »
Were back in the UK at the moment and are loving the choice in Asda!
Feasting on cheese, bacon croissants, sausages, chocolate, syrup Oats so Simple, Dr Oetker mushroom pizzas, madras curry sauce, salad cream, custard tarts, digestive biscuits, ginger nuts, muffins....
Well, we have to do something to cheer ourselves up and food is the nicest thing about being back.
Can't wait to come home : (

Offline jackstee

what i miss
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 19:19:29 PM »
Just finished 2 years in Doha.
Every trip back here we brought cheese and bickies , every time we whent back we took bacon and sausage.

The guy I bought them from was most impressed.

Offline Julesp

what i miss
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 19:55:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by jul bri

Have been here now for 15 months and i can say the only thing i miss from the uk is a nice bit of extra mature english chedder, my mouth is watering just thinking about, ive tried allsort of cheese here i just dont like soft rubbery stuff, anybody found anything remotly resembling chedder, what do you miss most?.
brian.

The nearest to a cheddar I have found is a Bergama Cheese. But only from one particular shop. Its in Fethiye next door to the BiM on the road between Migros Crossroads and Otogar Roundabout, if you face Bim its the shop immediately on its left that sells lots of loose goods . Its a yellow and a hardish cheese, not as good as a mature cheddar, its milder, but not a bad substitute  and its 16tl a kilo at the moment

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
what i miss
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 23:31:33 PM »
You can get cheddar at the pork shops & cheddar slices, Pinar I think, in Migros, again it doesn't have quite the bite of mature cheddar, but not too bad

Offline jul bri

what i miss
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 06:18:32 AM »
Better half in uk at the moment visiting her parents, she will be bringing a big block of chedder back  with her, so on the 6 august i think ill have a bit of cheese for breakfast, i might have a bit of cheese for lunch, and dinner well youve gest it im sure.
oh and it will be nice to see the misses as well ha ha.

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

what i miss
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »
A business opportunity. Try and persuade some local farmer to go into partnership with you and make cheddar cheese. A ready market of about 5,000 clients up and down the Turkish coast.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:49:35 AM by Ovacikpeedoff »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
what i miss
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

A business opportunity. Try and persuade some local farmer to go into partnership with you and make cheddar cheese. A ready market of about 5,000 clients up and down the Turkish coast.

It will, of course, take some time for your investment to mature :D

Offline jul bri

what i miss
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:50:47 AM »
Wonder if our leader (bow) got any contacts, Ovacikpeedoff i think you could put a zero after the 5, could be a big business opportunity, any contacts kieth?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf