Author Topic: Fancy Dress parties - love or hate?  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Fancy Dress parties - love or hate?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 23:02:18 PM »
Aw, I love dressing up. Don't even care if I'm the only one in costume!!!
:D

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
I think dressing up legitimately allows you to act the fool.  But I understand how you feel, it takes a lot of effort.  Theme parties that don't take a lot of imagination and work and are easily accomplished by all, are those such as "Red or Dead" where everyone attending has to wear something red.  I remember many years ago at a Christmas party, one of our Corporate lawyers turned up and it was obvious he wasn't wearing anything red. When I asked him why he wasn't joining in, he said he was.  I said red underpants didn't count as it had to be on show, to which he replied that it was and produced from under his arm an edition of the Times newspaper! (Read - get it!).  Yes I groaned as well LOL.

Offline screamlead

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20:33 AM »
Take a couple of boiled eggs (so they dont break) and tell them you came as the un-fertilised one!!!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 15:54:33 PM »
OMG poor you! Hate them with a passion! Would be thinking of an excuse not to go never mind why Im not in fancy dress! Dont want a legitimate reason to act daft- dont even want an illegitamate one. Happy to go as myself! Last time I had to dress up ( for a work thing ) i had the worse time and left early! Think I may be phobic!

Offline hoops man

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 18:22:49 PM »
Been to many fancy dress parties and doing another one in hisaronu at new year. i love them but if you dont want to dress up you shouldnt.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 16:13:18 PM »
Well, that was one uncomfortable evening....probably only 2 or 3 people out of 150 NOT dressed up so I felt a right plonker...next time, I just won't go if I don't want to act daft with the rest.  Good on 'em for the effort and clearly it did encourage fun but I suspect those guys would have had a ball regardless of fancy dress.  
What made it worse for me,  nobody even asked me why I wasn't in fancy dress........felt so conspicuous was gone to bed by 10:30 free bar or not!! :-\ :-\

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 16:40:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hoops man

Been to many fancy dress parties and doing another one in hisaronu at new year. i love them but if you dont want to dress up you shouldnt.

You mean Hisaronu is open in the new year,cant find anything good about it in summer, think im missing something. ;)

Offline hoops man

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 16:56:41 PM »
Des fancy dress party is in the calipso bar Hisaronu on new years eve. Its a buffet, live music and fancy dress is optional followed by dance time. I dont go to Hisaronu really but a friends organising this so should be good night.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 17:31:09 PM »
Absolutely hate it!

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 18:11:03 PM »

why? have you out grown your tutu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf