Author Topic: USA car hire at unbelievable prices  (Read 2431 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
USA car hire at unbelievable prices
« on: April 21, 2005, 11:03:20 AM »
Hi All
Just in case any of you need this. I have found a brilliant site for car hire that beats everyone else by lots.
We needed 16days - for some reason ALL the sites seem to charge an arm & a leg for the last 2 days - not 1/7th more like half a week. I digress.

The company car-rental-hire in the UK - just add prefix etc. for web site. Website quoted us £292 but on phoning we got 16days for just £267 including a tank of petrol & 3 extra drivers, all fully insured via Alamo. (1 driver £242). Sometimes the internet is not cheaper.

This is for New Orleans pick up - which normally is a lot more expensive than Florida. Next best site cost £308. Holidayautos - who reckon they are the cheapest was £322.50 - I think for just 1 driver.

Well worth checking up on if you are going to USA. For those of you who are US citizens you'll also appreciate the fact that they will take a booking from someone who is a citizen of USA, rather than just possibly add you as a named driver (they thought that rule was totally crazy too!)

We also get our airport hotels via priceline - put in a rediculous amount when you name your price as you can always increase your bid in 3 days time or use another email address. We have always had wonderful hotels via them for a fraction of the price.

New Orleans is not cheap & we got hotel rooms at £20 bid price per night (£25 once charges/taxes are put on) - cost if booked here £66 + taxes was average for same hotel. Could have booked on one site same hotel $89 1st night(not bad) but subsequent nights $139 + booking fees + taxes of who knows what?

Hope someone finds this useful.
Linda & Carl

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf