Author Topic: What a waste of money.  (Read 3981 times)

Offline peter16

Re: What a waste of money.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 00:15:16 AM »
Scunner your only posting about handbags etc. :o because your worried the housekeeping gets spent before you get a manbag for your Ipad ;D

Offline jondo

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 10:26:30 AM »
Hotlips, you are spot on.

Trouble is where can you get a decent plain T shirt these days? It seems the designers are going for very small sleeves which are fine for the beach boy physique (maybe, a longtime ago!). I prefer the looser look these days though not a tent!  Any ideas?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2012, 15:22:43 PM »
People are pointing to trivial sums - even for Scunner's iPod/iPad/iThingy. What about the Government deciding to add another £3billion to the £3billion already spent on preparing for the replacement of Trident even though no decision has been made, claims the Government, on whether to replace it or not? What will be final cost of the UK renewing its non-independent nuclear non-deterrent? Nobody can guess. Just think of a number, multiply it an equally outrageous amount, and then double it. Still, we can afford it with all the extra tax on public sector workers and cutting down on benefits for rest of us.

[Pity the Grumpy Old Men forum has been closed. This would be better off there].

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 15:26:48 PM »

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2012, 15:49:26 PM »
Thanks. I had thought it had be decided that CBF members might not have been grumpy enough to justify that forum. Glad to see that harmony and light has not been deemed to be universal.

Offline martinp2502

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:49:07 AM »
Hotlips, you are spot on.

Trouble is where can you get a decent plain T shirt these days? It seems the designers are going for very small sleeves which are fine for the beach boy physique (maybe, a longtime ago!). I prefer the looser look these days though not a tent!  Any ideas?
I've always found the quality from this bunch excellent. Plus no large annoying logos.
http://www.landsend.co.uk/

Offline jondo

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 14:27:03 PM »
Thanks for that Martin. A good selection there.

Sorry the remainder if we've veered off the humourous part of the thread. Please resume at your leisure as it was quite amusing.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2012, 18:37:26 PM »
What a waste of money - getting drunk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf