Author Topic: New Watch  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: New Watch
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 22:08:31 PM »
http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/search-results?searchTerm=TAG+HEUER&x=23&y=11&sortTerm=HighEstimate

Ron, Here is a list of 30 Tag Heuer Watches on sale at Auction in the next month.  Click into any you fancy and ask for a a "Condition Report"   If you like one, you can bid live by phone or online or you can just leave a bid. They will send it to you if you cannot get to the Auction.
Hope this will help.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
A couple of years ago when wandering around Hisanoru I went in to Infinity as I was on the look out for a new watch. Apart from them being a bit pushy and not displying the prices I tried a couple on and noted which make/model and price. Left without buying but looked up on the internet and found the prices dearer that the UK. Needless to say I didn't go back  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 19:12:41 PM »
You can always check the prices in duty free before you go Ron and if they are significantly cheaper in Turkey then you can make a decision. Personally I would rather pay a little more in the UK than save myself, say £50 in Turkey.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 19:37:03 PM »
There are many bargains to be had on the Internet I agree, but as I am going to my villa in a couple of days I thought I would ask the question before I go. I do have a current list of watches I am interested in stored on my phone so I will have an up to date price before I go

Ron 

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 19:43:44 PM »
I found that the tissot watches were more in Turkey than the UK

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 21:38:10 PM »
A couple of years ago when wandering around Hisanoru I went in to Infinity as I was on the look out for a new watch. Apart from them being a bit pushy and not displying the prices I tried a couple on and noted which make/model and price. Left without buying but looked up on the internet and found the prices dearer that the UK. Needless to say I didn't go back  ;)

It's all in the negotiation!

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »
Yes Gorgeous_bird you are right but sometimes I just want to buy at the right price without all the negotiations.

I have noticed over the years that there are less and less shop keepers, stallholders etc that want to do a "deal" is this just me?

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 12:32:59 PM »
I found that the tissot watches were more in Turkey than the UK

They are Graham. My wife has one we paid £300 in Uk. Turkey same watch was over £500 within 6 months of purchase. 

Offline welshbrickie

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 21:10:07 PM »
watches.co.uk  is a very good website, but if you want your watch serviced I was quoted £70 for a brietling 2 years ago by telmessos gold centre offical suppliers.Its £500 in the uk.they also have omega and you can claim the vat back when you leave  at the airport.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 17:13:10 PM »
Just realised this is an old topic but I got a fantastic deal at the Designer Outlet in York. Tag have their own outlet shop there and most of the watches, although not the very latest models, go for around half the RRP.

I think TAG have 3 or 4 shops like this throughout the country. Definitely worth a visit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf