Author Topic: We have decided to do this more often.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
We have decided to do this more often.
« on: March 10, 2013, 19:17:34 PM »
Had a lovely weekend at Boat of Garten near Aviemore. Great Hotel lovely food fabulous big log fires,and a relaxing weekend, what stunning views in that area, all the better as out of tourist season we had a lot of it to ourselves A couple of pictures The first one is the view from our bedroom window  The Strathspey Steam Raliway.   Phil has discovered a new Malt Whisky to love, Tomatin.  We have decided to,make a habit of weekends away in Scotland.  ;)

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: We have decided to do this more often.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 20:07:31 PM »
Yes, Jacqui lovely area. We used to spend a lot of time up there (some of us still do) , and as you said even better out of season.
The view from your hotel is the same as from the Sis in laws house, stunning as the sun moves over and the coolours change.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 20:57:24 PM »
Lovely pics Jacque.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 22:49:48 PM »
Lovely Jacqui. Lovely part of the country. Hubby & I  are doing a lot of short breaks this year too. We gave up our static caravan last October and decided the £2500 annual fees we'd pay for the caravan, will be used for going away for weekends to different places. Did the Dales and Lake district last weekend, and going to York at the end of the month.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 08:01:55 AM »
Great ideal Toky,  We felt we had such a relaxing break (particular in the case of the Old Fella who works far too hard)  that we need to have more breaks away at the weekends. 

Offline sporran

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
Great photos Jacqui, puts us in the mood to do exactly the same thing. After 7 years in Fethiye we sold our apartment last year and bought a caravan and we intend to see as much of Scotland as possible. We are going to Fethiye in April with 2 empty cases to take back as much of our personal stuff as we can. I think we will miss our apartment but at the same time we look forward to seeing more of Scotland. (Despite the weather)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 19:34:47 PM »
Looks lovely Jacqui.  We plan on Scotland in the not too distant future.  I am ashamed to say I have never been.  We went to Ireland last year - my first time there as well.  It was brilliant and we are going again this year.

We do a lot of weekends away with various offers such as Travelodge sale etc.  Also the Groupon deals etc are often worth doing. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf