Author Topic: Being an ex pat here what do you look forward to eating when visiting the UK?  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Gary-O

Indian, Chinese, fish & chips, Walkers fluted Pork Pie to name a few, but the thing i miss most of all is a good cake shop.

Offline LeeGlo

We haven't been back to the UK in 5 years. As I'm Ceoliac I'm grateful for anything gluten free that friends bring out for me, one has found me Jaffa Cakes mmm.  But the mention of  "yellow fish" or smoked haddock has really set me longing. I do miss parsnips as well.

Offline wickwilly

Plate of whelks and cockles at chummys in Folkestone followed by a pint of Badgers at the Ship in Sandgate.
WW

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Kelham island easy rider, London pride, abbot ale, all washed down with a nice packet of kp nuts

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Same as most people. a good Indian meal. Fish and chips and mushy peas. Pork pie and mushy peas...Roast lamb with swede and mashed carrots.  Gammon. Pineapple and chips at out local pub.  Thick wholemeal bread.  currant teacake... Barrie just wants a pint of decent bitter..    and my favourite rhubarb crumble and custard...oh and a vanilla slice. All the healthy stuff..

Offline CLR

• Newly Registered
Probably got to be a decent Indian banquet!! The only plus on not being able to get one over here is all the calories I'm not digesting anymore!!

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Smoked haddock, kippers, pork pies, roll mops, celery, swede ,parsnips ,plus pork, and pork ribs
Brazil nuts, licorice.  ;)

Offline scorcher

What, no Frankie Vaughns then Lance ?

Offline Aaitken11

Chinese takeaway and 3 bottles of wine for a tenner out of Asda.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Agreed  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf