Author Topic: Well done London!  (Read 6244 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Well done London!
« on: April 17, 2013, 23:12:38 PM »
Not a single arrest today at the funeral.

Well done!

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Well done London!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 23:29:55 PM »
Still can't get my head around other parts of the country holding "celebrations" but hey-ho.

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 23:44:51 PM »
A strange world and even stranger up north highlander heed heeee

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:13:09 AM »
Still can't get my head around other parts of the country holding "celebrations" but hey-ho.
We'd one tonight.  All fairly low key but a celebration nonetheless - I've left early as got conf. call at 9am turkish time - but its still going strong.

What's the problem?

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
Me neither John - I can't understand it but then again we live in a democracy and as you say 'hey ho'.

Pleasantly surprised that the funeral went off without incident. That's what the world would have seen on their TV set I guess.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:07:09 AM by stoop »

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 08:45:22 AM »
I was down there on business and whilst it was busier than normal it was all very calm and respectful.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 08:59:22 AM »
Yep I celebrated too, on the day she went and yesterday.  I'm no hypocrite, I think the world's a better place with her going.  And if you don't understand it then chances are you never suffered under it or ignored what was going on under her leadership, usually against the weak or the weakened.

Mind you my celebrations are a small price to pay compared to the costs of the funeral that I am being asked to bear as a taxpayer, as well as the fawning nonsense we go from the BBC across all channels over the last ten days.  I suppose the thing that sticks in my throat the most is her being given a military funeral - by Royal patronage and a nod from the rest of the British establishment - as I observed elsewhere on the forum, my old man always asked when did she serve when she had the chance when it was really needed during world war two.  Like Reagan, Bush jnr. (and indeed Clinton) she dodged military service, and that is why her militaristic stand on many issues was all so much cant.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:33 AM »
UBT whatever my feelings on the passing of MT I fail to see how "I think the world's a better place with her going" has no effect on the world with or without her.

And although this subject has been discused in another topic wishing another human being dead or celebrating it I find a difficult concept to understand, she was a politician elected by the people, you, me all all those who choose to vote or indeed those that choose not to.

Back to the subject, another example of how we as a nation can perform to the highest level on these kinds of occasions, well done to all those that took part.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 10:11:44 AM »
"And if you don't understand it then chances are you never suffered under it or ignored what was going on under her leadership, usually against the weak or the weakened."

Rubbish IMO. I lived through it and the horrendous years prior to her coming into power.

However this is not the topic to start a discussion on her politics. If you want that then please feel free to start one. I've said before that people will never agree on her leadership so it's best we agree to disagree I think.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 10:53:43 AM »
O,h was it someone elses funeral yesterday then? Eeeeh then there was me and my family thinking all them flags at half mast were for my mam,a 90 year old coal miners daughter from Durham who had her funeral yesterday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf