Author Topic: For CBF Getawayers - How About Marrakech...  (Read 1566 times)

Offline SteveJ

Re: For CBF Getawayers - How About Marrakech...
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 07:16:34 AM »
One of the most abiding memories of my holiday in Marrakech was seeing an old man on a moped weaving through the early morning traffic. He held two live chickens by their feet, one in each hand. How was he steering you may well ask, that was being done by his granddaughter who looked to be around seven years of age and standing up at the front. Neither of them were wearing crash helmets and the other drivers didn't bat an eyelid or toot a horn.

Life but not as we know it Jim   :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 07:41:47 AM »
Done Tunisia twice for winter hols. Sounds similar. Not for me. He hotel staff were great but outside was a nightmare. Hassle everywhere and every trick to get you into their shop ( and not let you out).

Offline angela

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:11 AM »
I hated Tunisia for the hassle, and I don't think I could take too much of Marrakech for the same reason, which is such a shame as it sounds amazing. The only real problem we've ever had in Turkey, was a very nasty rude carpet shop owner in Istanbul.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
Yeah I have found all these countries in Africa non stop hassle. Some lovely places too

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 13:08:56 PM »
Yes and that is why we would only consider going back for the hotel - and that from someone who despairs at people who visit Fethiye and never leave Letoonia.

Nothing outside the gates is easy - for example even the idea to go off and explore further afield - what could be easier than getting a bus ticket and heading off? Well, the bus station is impossible to find - and too far to walk to - so you take a taxi (cheap enough) to it - but the second you tell the taxi driver you want the bus station, he won't give up trying to strike a deal to take you to the place you are going to on the bus! It's never ending!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 11:41:11 AM »
you cannot beat a rui hotel for their service

Offline Partygirl

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 13:22:29 PM »
Off to Marrakech to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. 4 nights in a quiet resort in the Atlas mountains then
3 nights in Marrakech! Will be lovely to experience it.  Tripadvisor reviews says our hotel is a real antidote to all the hustle and bustle! So can always run back there if it all gets too much lol!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf