Author Topic: at last!!  (Read 1823 times)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
at last!!
« on: September 19, 2013, 20:19:36 PM »
After 4 months, only 1 viewing, 1 accepted offer, and many solicitors, estate agents calls and letters, contracts are finally exchanged, and the real fun starts!  The garage is full of boxes, the dining room is full of boxes, I am on first name terms with the very helpful men at the dump, I know every charity shop within a 5 mile radius, and still the house is full of stuff I know I can live without! The 30th September is the completion date, and all being well we will spend the night in our new house, but lots of sleeps before then, the stress levels are through the roof, and whats more I'm not sure I want to move!! HELP

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: at last!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 20:29:41 PM »
Congratulations that the move is underway. We are looking forward to returning home to
Ours been surveyed and putting everything in place to move here permanently.

Wishing you all the very best in your new home
Bernie

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 20:39:38 PM »
Thank you so much, I cannot believe how stressed I am, your few words are a great comfort x

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 20:43:14 PM »
Oh, good luck.  Sympathise about the stress levels - how do we accumulate such stuff!!!!!
Hope all goes well for you.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 21:18:04 PM »
Thank you so much for your kind words x

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 22:38:07 PM »
Once your settled in your lovely new home I'm sure you'll wonder why you stressed so much.
Good luck with the move

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »
The stressful parts are now over, just calm down & don't rush things now, everything you want to organise will get done on time.
On the day of the move don't get worried if legal completion hasn't taken place first thing as the money can sometimes take a few hours to filter through from the bottom rung as it has to work its way up through the chain and is also dependant on the efficiency of the lenders and the banking system.

Whilst most transfers will go through in the morning, they can be sent anywhere up to 3.30pm, remember also that most people want to move on either a Friday or a Monday, thus making those the busiest days for solicitors, lenders and bank transfers.

During 30 years in 'the business', I only ever had one sale that didn't complete on the expected day (it did the next day) and that was during the property 'boom' of the late '80's when everyone involved in property transactions were rushed off their feet.

And please don't vent any frustrations regarding delays on the Estate Agents, it's not their fault, they are not in control at this stage and they want it to go through as much as you do!

Just think of it as a new chapter in your life and think of all the positives   :) 8)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 06:34:03 AM »
Good luck with the move. I know from experience how stressful the last few weeks can be but you are almost there now.

Not wishing to contradict Hamlet but as someone who works in the removal trade for one if the largest removal companies in the UK we tend to find the beginning of the week much quieter than Thursday/Friday. Most seem to like the weekend to get settled before they go back to work on the Monday.

Relax and look forward to your new home  :)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:56 AM »
Good luck with your move all will turn out fine on the 30th.

If I can ask what prompted the move if you are not sure you have made the right decision?

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »
I have lived in my present house for the last 24 years, had many very good times, and some very sad ones (my late husband died here 9 years ago).  I have lovely neighbours, beautiful views and live near to the town, Heath, and good transport links.  But I am 60 now, the very steep hill to my house means that I usually take the car to take the dog out, cant use my bike, and every winter everyone at the top of the hill have to leave their cars at the bottom.  I made the decision to move as my social life, and the kennels my racing dogs are kept, are near to my new house, its on the flat for walking and cycling.  I have also developed a condition with my eyes, which means my driving days may soon be over, I can no longer drive at night, so it makes sense, its just the collywobbles and of course leaving familiar territory is always daunting, especially when its my decision (cant blame anyone else!!) Thank you all for your sound advice, will try to stay focussed, now where is that parcel tape??

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf