Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1247 times)

Offline sadler

What would you do?
« on: August 07, 2014, 20:58:38 PM »
What would you do if you went to a local restaurant, had a drink in a nice reception area, ordered and ate starters and was then told the main you ordered half an hour ago was out of stock. Ordered another main, it turned up (skate Wing ) stinking of ammonia obviously off, called waitress and explained very quietly, was asked to order another main. Ordered the fish cakes which my husband was eating, told they had finished, ordered vegetable moussaka but then realised we had to be at an appointment in a short time, so didn't get a main meal at all! Was told my meal would not be charged for!!!!!!!! After some discussion only paid for my husbands meal. Posted on TA. Got an abusive email from the owner threatening slander charges! Some advice please. Feel inclined to copy the whole of the email thread to TA which is quite lengthy and although started very calmly offering recompense then went on to be abusive when the owner saw my TA posting.

Sensible answers please, although thoughts of blowing the place up have been considered but discarded.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 21:52:54 PM »
Stick to your guns, TA is only your opinion of your experience, I have had e-mails following a negative experience in a restaurant, these people must know when it is best to shut up and apologise.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 22:01:42 PM »
I'd forward the mail on to TA for sure.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 22:13:40 PM »
If you reviewed this place on T.A. The only contact the owner of the business would have for you, would be your T.A. contact. So, if he contacted you via T.A. Go to the top of the message and report it to T.A.  Then block the owner from sending you any further mail. 

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 22:23:48 PM »
Report it to TA. Owners are not allowed to send abusive emails to TA members.

I notice they haven't responded yet to your review on their listing although that may still be going through the TA approval process. If it's as abusive as the email they have sent you (do share) it's probably been flagged up and they may have to rewrite it before TA posts it.

Offline sadler

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 16:59:11 PM »
Thank you for your input. The owner had my email address as I emailed their booking email concerning what had happened. It would have been pointless to phone as I would have got the same staff who served me. When the owner saw my posting on TA, then he got very aggressive and abusive. At the time I started to feel that it might be me in the wrong, but having slept on it and thinking about it, I am happy to leave it there. I don't want to go to the restaurant again and my daughter was so incensed she suggested I go to the papers. However I am content in the knowledge that he is a lot more upset about it than I am.

Offline sunlover

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 17:07:35 PM »
Come on Francis spill the beans, which restaurant was it... To save us all some embarasement by going there.

Offline sadler

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 17:57:38 PM »
Carole it was Harry's bar in Thorpe, and he is "threatening" to sue me for slander if I blacken his reputation any more. I don't think telling the absolute truth could be construed as slander, libel or whatever!  :o And I still have a £20 voucher to spend there!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf