Author Topic: Where to begin, that's the problem.  (Read 4745 times)

Offline snowtop

Re: Where to begin, that's the problem.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 21:50:52 PM »
We look at each other and just see the part of ourselves that we wish them to see.
We do not see the grief and torment that they have had to face and being British we keep it within the family and close friends.
We all approach the subject of death as if it is taboo, although we all know that it is going to happen to everyone of us at some stage.
When we get older, we see things in a different perspective and when someone 'opens up' other people follow them and then we realise that we are all the same in this situation.
This post I think/hope has encouraged some people to talk about their loss which would otherwise have been kept inside them and being the kind of community we are (forum) I  think it will help us all to understand each other a little bit more.
Emotion is a peculiar and personal thing, I would suspect that this section of the forum has made us all understand that we all have had to or will have to cope with grief at some stage.   
I think quite a few of us feel quite better by being able to express ourselves in our own way, after sitting down and posting our thoughts and letting our feelings be known. 
Some people will not agree and think this is a very personal matter, and quite rightly so.  If you need to keep your thoughts or feelings to yourself, that is quite understandable and acceptable. If however you wish to share them as I did you may feel some satisfaction in the knowledge and understanding that you are not the only one in this situation and there are people who will willingly help you through these troubled times.
My condolences and sympathy goes to all of you who are having to cope with a bereavement.  Be brave, be strong, cry if need be, I do but remember life goes on and you are still part of it and you still have to live it and hopefully you will not be on your own.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf