Author Topic: Which Famous Folk Have You Met and What Were They Like  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Which Famous Folk Have You Met and What Were They Like
« on: August 08, 2015, 22:36:34 PM »
Another topic born (borne?) out of another topic   :)

Here's mine that I can recall immediately:

Trevor Brooking: Lovely guy, I made him laugh and we chatted like old pals - just the person you think he might be.
Amanda Lamb: We seemed to be at the same A Place in the Sun exhibitions - so naturally beautiful and a lovely person.
Carol Vorderman: Again at property exhibitions, seemed a bit in love with herself, also credit to her TV make up artist - no Amanda Lamb I'm afraid   ;)
Gary Lineker: Say what you like, I found him to be a great, down to earth guy, happy to chat.

More to come   :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Which Famous Folk Have You Met and What Were They Like
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 22:45:47 PM »
Well funnily enough tonight I met Marc Elliott (Syed Masood - Eastenders) and Kadiff Kirwan (Jason - Crims).

Really nice, friendly, genuine guys with no airs and graces and were happy for me to take their photo for our FB page. Doğan recognised Marc otherwise they would have both come and gone and I would have been none the wiser.

They are staying in Çaliş so you might just spot them around...

Offline Menthol

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 00:05:50 AM »
Cliff Richard - he was a visitor to the radio station I worked at as a trainee reporter. I made him tea and took it to the studio for him as he waited to be interviewed. He seemed okay if a little nervous. This was around 1978. I'd had a picture of Cliff on my bedroom wall for many years and I remember thinking he was as handsome in the flesh as on my poster bearing in mind he would have been around 40 then.

Dana - we chatted in the ladies at the same radio station. I also watched as she put a false piece in to block the gap between her front teeth. She was promoting her new album. She seemed a lovely and very unaffected person and pretty but used a lot of hairspray  :D

Mark Labbett - The Beast on The Chase.  - he was at an alcohol industry trade show as a guest promoter. He seemed pleasant enough, very smiley. He's the same height as my youngest son (6' 7" ;) but seems MUCH bigger. My son is probably half his bulk.

William Hague - former Tory Foreign Secretary. He came to my Sixth Form College in Rotherham and addressed us in assembly about joining the Young Conservatives. He was about 15 at the time and I was about 17 and a member of the Young Communists. You can imagine how well we got on after in the 'informal chat in the Common Room'.

Offline simpsons

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »
Ray Reardon Came into the Police Station to ask the way when I was Station Officer. A very friendly person.
Henry Cooper Also came in to ask the way. A great person.
Pat Ashton (Actress) Looked as lovely in person as she did on tv. She was overjoyed that I knew her name, when she told me that most people she meets know her face but not her name.
Sir Harry Secome Many a time we have had a laugh together, especially when he had his garden wall demolished by careless drivers.
Bonnie Langford My mum used to make soft furnishings, and I fitted Bonnie's bedroom out with curtains.  A lovely lady.
Alan Mullery (Footballer) Again, Mum asked me to measure up for curtains in his house. She said she thought he was some kind of footballer. I had to tell her he was famous and once captained England. Alan and his wife were a smashing couple, and very unassuming.

There are many more, so I will have go and consult my diaries.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 11:53:15 AM »
I've been lucky to meet some very nice 'celebrities' none have been 'starryfied'.

These guys were just oarsome!

Lovely Emily Dechanel from 'Bones' surprised me with a warm hug when we were introduced. She is so gentle and polite.

Alan Dedicoat and Philip Scholfield once asked to join a colleague & me at our canteen table for lunch (I was just tagging along) during filming of Nat Lottery. They were really ordinary and funny, great company.

;D

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:12:12 PM »
Oh! I forgot to add this famous guy - is he taking a selfie? . . . .nah!  ;)

Then there's this one . . .

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 13:51:01 PM »
I met Jim Bowen as we booked him for a works sales event - He was great, smashing,marvellous.

Seriously, a really nice, down to earth guy. I was the only person at the event to ask for his photo/signature, I was disgusted at the other people!

Bear Grylles (is that how you spell his name) - great guy, very polite

Chris Hoy - also really nice guy, he was just getting used to his new found fame at the time and you could tell he felt a little embarrassed by it all.

Various Rugby and Golf stars due to sponsorship work with my employer. Every one, without exception, were straight up, approachable guys who weren't self absorbed.

Princess Diana (before she was a princess) - lovely but very shy

Oh yeah...also Mark Lamaar....enough said.....

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 14:28:03 PM »
Elkie Brookes, that old queen Elton John, literally " bumped into Bobby Moore as he was coming out of a bookies in Notting-hill !! Shook hands with the wonderful Nigel Farage at a meeting of UKIP members in Eastleigh.  Spoke to the late Adam Faith, when in Shaftesbury Avenue attending an audition with Lorraine s brother Stuart. Oh, and I meet the wonderful, amazing beautiful person that is Lorraine , my wife , every single day !!   ;D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 14:39:35 PM »
I met Jim Bowen too Steve. Excellent fella. Strangely much funnier in 'real ilife' than on telly.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 15:23:46 PM »
I was thinking I had led a very sheltered life since I haven't met any of these "famous" people. Then I remember I played darts with Acker Bilk once in a doubles game against a couple of members of his band. He seemed nice enough. I think we won. Half of CBF may well be too young to remember him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf