Author Topic: Eating out in Fethiye 2009  (Read 4873 times)

Offline ovacik2

Eating out in Fethiye 2009
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 14:48:51 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gorgeous_bird

Well the Marsh family pilgrimmage to fethiye is over for 2009 and here is my list of great places to eat/drink and maybe a not so great.

Ojakbasi x 2 - Excellent
Pasha Kebab x 2 great
Green Valley complex, Deliktas- Excellent
Enginar (paspatur) x 2 - really lovely meals, different from the norm.
Nefis Pida - yum
Blue Cafe- great steak baguette and lovely fresh fruit drinks (I got fed up of coke and Efes)
The Sundial for George's birthday- spectacular and a really lovely meal! a big shout out to the biggun from wigan
The pancacke laides in Fethiye market x 4

The genis cafe terrace- Fethiye Harbour - spectacular location, terrible food and service. Tried to serve us our mains without the starter and when the starters came tried to take them away minutes later to give us our mains. A table of 6 walked out in disgust as the starters they ordered came out one at a time and were cold. Shan't try again as we had hoped it had improved from last year but no.

That said - it was our worst dining experience except when we ate in of course[^]

What a brilliant list of restaurants for Fethiye most of them with good Turkish fare. Anyone reading the above and on a first or 10th visit to Fethiye  and trying the list will be pleased.
Our fav is Pasha the only place in Fethiye we are able to find iskender made with Dana (beef) as it should be, Fantastic. In fact unless you ask for Lamp all the doner kebabs are beef. Check the meat being cooked, not the usual mince. Real Turkish fare,used by the Turkish people,keeps the quality right and the pricing fare.Consistant too we have used it for the past 8 years.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 14:51:03 PM by ovacik2 »

Offline crookes875

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 17:53:10 PM »
Is the Park restraunt near main jetty on prom and I think its the SARK at end of dispenser cad near to vals bar and kismet across the road from car park near Telmosos car hire are they both still open and any good or bad reports over next monday so only 3 more english sleeps

Offline june

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 22:50:57 PM »
We like the harbour bars as we just love to sit and look at the boats and people walking past, we usually go the Genis and have eaten there before and its not been the best, compared to lots of other places that have been amazing, so we just go there for a drink or two now and are quite happy.

Have been to Pasha Kebab and thought it was very good.

Offline c4nkr

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
I've been going to Olu for the past few years but the missus and I spend more time in Fethiye as we just love the place. We tend to eat at the fish market - very touristy but always well cooked and obviously fresh as you buy it yourself. I avoided the Duck Pond like the plague - i just didn't like the look of it BUT we were coerced in on a particularly hot day and I have to admit that the meal, service and drinks were superb and reasonably priced as well. Most of our time is spent at a bar on the harbourside, just before the marina proper, where we just sit, watch the world go buy and keep an eye out for the turtles.

I noticed a Tapas bar on the road heading up to the yacht club hotel and was wondering if it was worth trying - it was far too late in the holiday when we found it.

Also, We like to go for a good meal on our last night so was hoping for some recomendations for some damn good Turkish cooking. Heading back out 19th Sep (can't bloody wait) staying at the Tropicana in Olu again.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
I haven't tried the tapas bar myself, but friends did twice; both times food & service were poor, & they found it to be quite expensive

Offline kevman

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 15:37:42 PM »
We also ate at Cafe Gengis last year the same night that Turkey played Germany. We had booked to go early as we knew we were moving on to watch football. Well out of 14 people,1 got no food at all, 1 got completely the wrong meal and 1 had seafood pasta...minus seafood. When asked where the seafood was we were told it was needed for a pizza????????. We also had a similar going on with starters mixed with main meals. Needless to say we were still sorting the bill out as Germany scored there first goal...and yes we needed to sort the bill out as we had been charged for food that we never received and they said we had, maybe it was there dog who was asleep looking well fed and contented.
Shame really though, because all 14 of us live around Fethiye and we all vowed never to go back there again and never have.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 17:06:57 PM »
Well I just cross them off my list. It's not an extensive list only 2 on it:-

Kale Park and
Cafe Genis

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 14:41:26 PM »
I don't think the tapas bar that c4nkr means is called Gengis..

We have an apartment in Karagozlar 1 on the way to the Yacht Hotel and received a leaflet drop about a new tapas bar sorry can't remember for the life of me what it was called though- but hope to give it a try when we visit again in September.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2009, 15:37:12 PM »
I think that is the one called Sobebar......it is where the old Address Bar used to be. Super Location. I found the food to be good,typically Tapas style i.e you won't leave feeling stuffed and yes it does work out fairly expensive if you chose a reasonable selection :)
there is a website www.sobebar.net but it does not seem to be working at the mo. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf