Author Topic: Maintence  (Read 2763 times)

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
Maintence
« on: December 11, 2015, 01:49:47 AM »
on a complex of four.  The only Turk on there has not paid last years maintence fees but uses all the facilities.  Can we do anything about this thanks

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
Re: Maintence
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 18:34:38 PM »
Has he ever paid? Does he know where to deposit funds? Does he speak or write English? Has anyone contacted him? Is he refusing to pay?
 If there is 1 owner who sends email updates to all owners then I would send an email to all owners as a reminder that fees are due and how to pay. I believe you cannot stop him using the facilities as in Law he owns 1/4 of the communal areas.
 Final answer would be to go to court.  Problem is that leads to ill-feeling but if 1 does not pay you risk others doing likewise.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 18:52:06 PM »
I have heard and read this story so many times about a Turkish guy not paying his share, usually he also has a dog that barks all day and fouls around the pool.  It is really annoying for people in your situation. I did remember reading about a group of tenants getting together and consulting a solicitor.  I think it was the lady solicitor that is mentioned on here quite a lot.  She may be able to help you.  I am sure someone will be along with her name and details.   Good luck.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 20:11:56 PM »
You say that he hasn't paid last year's maintenance, which seems to imply that he has paid in the past. That being so, maybe an informal chat would be in order?

Otherwise, unless you go to the expense of becoming a legally recognised site &, I believe, that is not an option for less than 6 dwellings, there is little you can do.

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 22:14:08 PM »
Thank you for your comments.  It is a she.  She works full time and has paid up to this year.  I have told her we pay for her and she just says she will pay when she can

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf