Author Topic: The deed(s) is done. Güle güle Fethiye.  (Read 13433 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: The deed(s) is done. Güle güle Fethiye.
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 04:51:34 AM »
  :)Great news, all the very best to you and your family. ;D
Is new house chosen?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: The deed(s) is done. Güle güle Fethiye.
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 13:16:15 PM »
Thanks folks.

No, new house was sort of chosen but as it was at the higher end of the budget we've set, we decided to wait till uk house was sold before committing any substantial amounts of money elsewhere.  Unfortunately, someone else thought the same as we did and it went last Friday.

OH was a bit disappointed but only that, it's no biggie - plenty more on the market and if need be we'll rent again until the right place comes up.  Away from the main tourist regions, the market in the south west of Spain is pretty flat just now, lot of stuff been hanging around for a good while and not that many new places coming on the market.  There's a few places over our budget that we may have a look at and try a cheeky offer   :)

It's not that dissimilar to Turkey in some respects, properties on with multiple agents at varying prices, descriptions and photographs.  Then of course you have the owners trying to sell the same property on the Spanish equivalent to Gumtree or Sahibinden.  Again like Turkey, some owners really need to stop and take a quick reality check - sorry amigo, but that delicately balanced pile of rubble may be a casa para reformar (house to restore) worth €150,000 to you, but it just screams MONEYPIT to anyone with half a brain - which explains why its been on the market for over nine months.

We've factored in renting for up to twelve months when doing our sums (on the back of a fag packet as they say   :) ) so pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

I'm off now to be a bueno öğrenci and practice my Spanglish on some students   :)

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf