Author Topic: Road closure  (Read 7446 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Road closure
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 13:46:58 PM »
I noticed lots of planting along that stretch as well in June. Seems they are trying to upgrade things a little.

Offline Stopfordian

• Certified incomprehensible
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 13:52:11 PM »
 Yes, they're all being pushed further out. Have some wonderful photos and memories from what is no longer The Last Stop of people cooking on the beach on Sunday evenings. As Dylan said " The times they are a-changing. It's sad  :(, but Turks are accustomed to change and no doubt will find a way.   ;)

Offline Stopfordian

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 13:57:58 PM »

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 14:51:20 PM »
It isnt just Turkish families affected by this move , we recently moved to Koca Calis and have spent many evenings on the beach there enjoying a picnic with our Turkish neighbours setting off out at at the time in the UK we would be packing up to go home,  so our pleasure has been affected.  Since moving back down to sea level we,ve been able to take the main road way home or the coast road home and I always choose the coast road and I always say " I cant believe this is my front street "  Ive loved coming home late at night and seeing families still enjoying the sea and spending family time on that stretch of beach.   

Offline Stopfordian

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 15:22:34 PM »

I was talking with some guys running the escape bar a couple of years back and they showed me this.
 They were certain this would happen.

Offline IanK

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 13:03:37 PM »
I have some sympathy for the locals too, but I guess they will need to walk a couple of hundred meters to picnic there now.

But something had to be done to prevent any more pedestrians being injured on this stretch. It seems like a 1/4 mile timed run at some times in the day!

Ian

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 06:51:18 AM »
the Road is only closed for around 100 yards or so, and hasn't stopped the locals from "cooking up a storm" on the beach plenty of BBQ action on the beach between the closed off section and the old dolmus parking area. So the after effects will still be there to continue the pride the locals take in their beach cleanliness.

Offline quackers

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
I attended a meeting with Mayor Saatçi in 2013 when it was stated that this road would be pedestrianised following the accident when a child tourist was mown down. There have been more hotels built there since then so more tourists so it makes sense to me. They can still picnic and BBQ on the beach they just have to carry stuff down instead of parking on the beach.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 14:41:20 PM »
They can still picnic and BBQ on the beach they just have to carry stuff down instead of parking on the beach.

Less chance of them cleaning up I guess - if they have to carry it back to their cars/vans.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf