Author Topic: Wedding = £ Signs Flashing Everywhere  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Wedding = £ Signs Flashing Everywhere
« on: August 08, 2007, 19:45:24 PM »
Some of you may know Gill and I are planning to get married in May 2008 in the Fethiye area - second time around so we want to do it with little fuss and lots of love - you learn as you get older!

Although we have our modest apartment in Fethiye we decided to make the occasion that bit special so we want to book 2 rooms at a hotel with nice gardens, hopefully close to the sea and stay with 2 friends who would be our witnesses.

So flights booked - quote received from travel agent in Fethiye for the hotel of our choice - but then I mentioned the "w" word - wedding.

Suddenly, price for rooms is this years price - next years price is double - agent also wants to arrange party (for 4 of us!), paperwork (we want to do that ourselves to make it special and we know what is required - been in touch with embassy etc), flowers (o.k), champagne (I don't drink!!!!!), wedding cake (there are only 4 of us and Gill's always on a diet!), Gills hairdresser (she really likes to pick that one herself!) etc etc.

So I tell travel agent to take a leap. Ring a few more hotels - tell them I am happy to pay a reasonable sum to use their grounds for some photographs - 6 people in total for 30 minutes. But MISTAKE I've mentioned the "w" word again - we need to meet you sir - there are lots of things to plan - NO THERE'S NOT - I have no mates - there are only 4 of us!

Sorry to go on - but does anyone know how / where we can find a nice place (Gill fancies the lagoon) to perform the ceremony - let photographer take his photos - without paying a fortune for the privilege.

Anyone know how to sort this out without hiring Franc - from father of the bride to advise us?

It is getting very stressful - sorry if I've bored you all  :)

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf