Author Topic: knobhead returns  (Read 1685 times)

Offline denniz

knobhead returns
« on: December 12, 2007, 21:02:22 PM »
WHAT IS AN EXPAT KNOBHEAD

After asking the above question a while back on both Calis Beach Forum and another Forum then reading the replies/opinions, I found I was none the wiser really ;), so I thought just for ‘FUN' I would try and summarise the answers/opinions::
so:..
AN EXPATKNOBHEAD IS
A silly person who lives abroad and doesn't understand culture or language values and is superior and insulting to locals and there country believing they are incompetent, they tend to be skint but are wrapped up in property speculation, have a shaved head, bling, football shirt and love lager groundhog day style but not the price, hiding there own expat knobheadness they are the fount of all local knowledge but hate foreigners, know zilch and are opinionated, they avoid all other knobheads and keep there own business to themselves, they whisper your house is small compared to there smaller house knowing you can hear them, then offer to find someone to sort a lousy job for you at twice the price but cant find pork sausages in migros, they will never learn a foreign language, they speak loudly in English to English speaking locals  and don't like there dull stories, but want everything on the cheap, which makes there mates laugh, they demand nobody talks about them, Even pointless forum posters, oh! and they need a slap::

Dennis::D.

Dennis, You shouldn't copy & paste great lumps from other forums onto CBF - they will probably like it as much as I do. The rest deleted.

I sincerely apologise, i can see your point, so may i try this instead(i apologise in advance if i may not)
here are the answers/opinions from this forum only that i used for part of the summary...(JUST FOR FUN)
CALIS BEACH DISCUSSION FORUM                                     what is an expat knobhead:..answers/opinions

Someone who's a pointless poster?::::
A knob head, who lives in a country other than their native one::.
Someone who carries on doing the stupid things he got up to on his 2 week drunken holiday, even after he buys a place abroad and moves into it, usually a loud mouth showing off to his mates, who encourage him by laughing,:::..
Someone who can't wait to tell you they have their own property and have moved out 12 months previous, and how much it was and how much they know about Calis, not for your benefit, but for people sitting 6 tables away to hear, and how much they know about everyone and their business, when they really know Zilch,:::..
Someone who lives a Groundhog Day existence. Every day is Up-Bar-Efes-Gossip-Efes-Gossip-Efes-Gossip-Gossip-Raki-Home-Bed:::.
Someone who needs to say how stupid and incompetent the Turkish are at doing things::..
Someone who believes it is acceptable to tell Turkish people how stupid and incompetent the Turkish are at doing things:::
someone who believes that everyone needs to know your opinion on everyone::..
Someone who's opinion on everyone outside their own personal circle of knobheads is that they are best avoided:::
someone who feels strongly that their business is nobody else's business but everyone else's business is their business::..
Someone who as no time for slightly dull stories about others. But take's their turn to make something up to add::..
Someone who believes the attack on the Twin Towers was newsworthy, but as disasters go, Efes going up half a lira is a proper disaster::..
Someone who thinks 6 months of living abroad is enough to make them the man with all the answers::.
Someone who thinks Everything is someone else's fault. If they wrote everything in English and respected the money you "are putting into the Turkish economy" then things might just be better for them::..
Someone who knows more about your business than you do. They KNOW for definite what your going to do  However, that hadn't even occurred to you or crossed your mind::..
Someone who says to everyone that your house is really, really small & not worth while looking at - even though they've never been inside & you actually have seen inside theirs which is also for sale & is in fact much smaller than yours:::
Someone who has no idea that someone might be inside the property listening to every word they utter. They are blind or they really don't care as you're not from their 'elevated' circle::..
Someone who say's not to trust a particular person & they'll sort you out with a friend who can do the work you need - at double or treble the cost for a lousy job (you find out later):::.
Someone who cant find the pork sausages in migros:::.
Someone who makes no attempt to learn any Turkish but continues to speak slowly and loudly in English to Turkish people who speak better English than themselves.
Someone who now lives in Turkey but has no idea of its history or culture or 'does and don'ts'::::.
Someone who wants things cheap because "they live out here":::.
Someone who protest's in the strongest terms when they hear it is them that are being spoken about, demand it stops, then go back to publicly analysing and criticising everyone else's life here::
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 23:38:28 PM by denniz »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf