Author Topic: Turkish Will (NOT) success story At Last  (Read 4028 times)

Offline cinders

Turkish Will (NOT) success story At Last
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 06:49:12 AM »
So pleased for Freda, I am amazed (and pleased that with support of very good friends) at her strength and courage to continue this battle.  Freda I hope you can positively move forward now and enjoy the results of this case  God Bless  C

Offline Karabag

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »
Excellent news but what a horrible drama for your friend Loz :( Thank you for sharing this information, I wish your friend every happiness, bless her for having to have gone through this xx

Offline Harmless

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 18:22:03 PM »
That is great news

Offline Fredfox

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 15:01:29 PM »
Thanks to all of you for all those kind wishes. The past four years have been an uphill struggle in many ways, but I have been so lucky to have such kind friends in Turkey and over here, without all of you I really do not know where I would be today. This is a fantastic result, and should make Turkish Wills easier to execute in the future. Certainly Oksan (solicitor), has done a wonderful job, she speaks and writes perfect English and has been so patient and kind. Good luck everyone.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 16:29:46 PM »
Just seen this and remember Loz mentioning it when it all started what a nightmare for her friend and I'm so glad its been resolved now. It gives hope to so many people and whilst I know its no consolation for the 4 years of aggro I wonder if it sets a precedent now in case law ? Hope so

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 19:57:11 PM »
Very upsetting news, the Tapu manager will not accept the ruling, although I has gone through Justice courts and twice to the Peace court the Tapu manager will not accept as the Will states everything left to my wife and not mentioned the property! What part of everything does this numpty not understand? Now it has to go back to court, Freda bless her is very calm, she says she was half expecting it, I cried more than her.
When making a Will (if you can still be bothered) check the wording,
Fred used Everything Legal and the lawyer got it wrong, makes sure everything is listed seperately and named!  
Another,after all the chasing around town signing bits of useless papers, a fine was incurred for not informing the Tax office at the time of death.  Also, you have to pay inheritance tax,  if you have a Will and tick the box you will incur a 10% inheritance tax, this is 10% of the price of the property, if not using a Will then it is 1%, absoluely crazy.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 20:03:56 PM by loz »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 16:50:36 PM »
Poor Freda.  It seems her nightmare will never end

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 13:02:15 PM »

I have just received an email and would like to reiterate that the original Will was drawn up by a previous Lawyer and not Oksan;  Oksan has been wonderfuland tried to sor out this debacle, the more she deals with the legalitiess oregarding executing the Will the more of an understanding she has, thus making hermore awae of the procedures the Will requires.
We sincerley hope that the court case again on 24th May provides a satifactory outcome. This time.

Offline tony

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
I have been watching this thread for a while, without commenting. I guess others have too. I have no advice to offer Freda. I can say however I truly admire the fighting spirit that both you and your friends have shown. I wish you all the success and sincerely hope the matter is resolved soon.

Tony

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf