Author Topic: Only in Turkey!!!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Eric

Only in Turkey!!!
« on: April 05, 2012, 20:01:06 PM »
Family to file lawsuit to get son's donated organs back;

28 March 2012 / TODAY'S ZAMAN, ISTANBUL

The family of a donor whose organs have been transplanted into different patients and was then required to pay a transplant cost of TL 12,500 now intends to file a lawsuit against the recipients to take the donated organs back, the Cihan news agency reported on Wednesday.

After 22-year-old Alper Kayik, who was seriously wounded in a traffic accident, was declared officially brain dead in January 2009, his family made the decision to donate his organs. A transplantation team removed Kayik's organs in Bursa's Sevket Yilmaz State Hospital. Kayik's liver, kidney and cornea were then transplanted into patients in Ankara's Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine Hospital, Istanbul's Gülhane Military Academy of Medicine (GATA) and Bursa's Uludag University Medical Faculty Hospital, respectively.

The donor's grieving family then received a TL 12,500 bill for transplantation costs from the Sevket Yilmaz Hospital. Kayik's uncle Nuri Engin, who works at a courthouse in Bursa, took the bill to the Bursa Governor's Office and said the family could not afford to pay the bill. The governor then lowered the cost to TL 1,500.

The family was also disillusioned by the fact that transplant patients who received Kayik's organs did not even make a thank-you phone call. Engin said the family will file a lawsuit against the transplant recipients to receive the donated organs back.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Only in Turkey!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 20:16:08 PM »
If it was a film plot you'd be back at the ticket office demanding you money back

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Only in Turkey!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:13:58 AM »
Not in the same league as Eric's post, but I have roofers here today to replace the guttering, they pulled up at 10.00 this morning and the first thing they asked was "have you got a ladder" then at 10.30 their boss rang to say they would be with us at 11.00. We are getting use to how things work around here now.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Only in Turkey!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 13:03:52 PM »
Make sure they leave the ladder when they go! I had someone try & take mine with them

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf