Author Topic: Scam Email  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Fran

Scam Email
« on: December 10, 2006, 20:36:38 PM »
My husband has just received this email alledgedly from Nationwide,[?] but he doesn't have a Nationwide account. I know alot of members have accounts with them, if you click on the link it asks you for your account number and memorable words and password. DO NOT GIVE THIS INFORMATION...

Dear Nationwide customer,

You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that your account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any fraudulent activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

If your account is not updated within the next 24 hours, then will assume this account is fraudulent and will be suspended. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your Nationwide account has not fraudulently used and to combat fraud.
 To speed up the process, you are required to verify your account by following the link below:

olb2.nationet.com.verify/default2.asp?ID=37e332918883c2bcd13b1de38892565ab1f

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we would like to thank you for cooperation as we review this matter.

Regards,
 Nationwide Online.

© Nationwide Building Society

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf