Author Topic: At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI  (Read 28092 times)

Offline Denny

At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
We have used Intasure for the last 3 years.  We had a problem with our roof leaking following really bad weather last year and they were really good in getting our claim sorted.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »
Intasure are currently sorting out a claim for flooding in our apartment and have been very efficient.  They were quick to go to the apartment, and send us a full report and photos.  They say that they will repair all damage, repaint where necessary and replace all wet furniture before our visit in 6 weeks time.

They use a company called Oakwood Abroad, and it's a British guy dealing with the claim, which makes communication very easy!   :)

We have just had our renewal for the next year and the monthly payments have increased by £6 a month, but we're happy to pay that, knowing they are happy to respond to any claims, with no fuss!!   :)

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
We are hoping to move out later this year and want to start renting does anyone know what sort of insurance we might need to cover the place and us lol thanks.

Offline barbara-les

Re: At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2012, 00:21:24 AM »
have had insurance for several years now with Aviva from Fethiye office. Girls in the office very helpful as I have had 2 claims. The last one last October. Everything was sorted whilst I was in Calis. Prices have not gone up much over the time I ave been with them. 

Offline briannsue

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2012, 16:58:41 PM »
hi.
i have just had a quote from intersure. it seems very good, but i am a little confused as to what is the differance between earthquake insurance and dask. is either of these to do with council tax. or is this somthing total differant.
thanks for any help sue.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:42 AM »
We just got a quote from them, prices have gone up quite a bit since this thread started five years ago. :o  We have been quoted £411.00 for our Villa which includes £20.000 of content insurance.   If we take £10.000 of content it comes down to £326.00.
However, other half is going to give them a ring today.  :)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2012, 14:44:25 PM »
hi.
 what is the differance between earthquake insurance and dask. is either of these to do with council tax. or is this somthing total differant.
thanks for any help sue.

DASK is the compulsory earthquake insurance & neither is anything to do with the council tax

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 18:35:32 PM »
Jacqui got my quote today as well gone up quite a bit as well ,Diana

Offline jsp51

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2012, 20:38:16 PM »
our intasure quote for this year had increased 17.5% over last year despite never having a claim in the 5 years we have used them. Contacted them to see why and was met with a take it or leave it attitude.
Also a word of warning, after 5 years of insuring with them we find out that our house is not insured for earthquake, despite telling them in the first instance it was a renovated stone house, it turns out according to them that we were never insured unless our house had steel reinforcing, but somehow I doubt if a 100+yr old house would have such reinforcing.
We have now found a company that will insure our house marked "Kagir" on the tapu and at a lesser cost then our intersure quote (minus earthquake)
They do seem to have jumped on the bandwagon a bit in the last couple of years.
If you have a stone house, beware!!

Offline johnc

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 13:43:42 PM »
After being with Intasure for some years now, with no claims, now find that the renewal quote has gone up to a stupid price! Can anyone recommend a reliable turkish company?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf