Author Topic: At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI  (Read 27878 times)

Offline karenr

Re: At Last - Insurance for Turkish property with PLI
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 20:13:13 PM »
Im sure someone on our complex is with Aviva......in England, who cover properties abroad.

Offline siemli

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 07:32:33 AM »
I have tried intasure year after year for about 7 years now, every year they hound me for a new quote but is always much dearer than axa in turkey sadly.
I tried to get them to price match or better the quote but sadly they are not interested.

Offline Melvyn Cosgrove

• Newly Registered
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2014, 20:25:59 PM »
I too have just taken out this policy and the premiums and cover is competitive. I work in the insurance industry in the UK and you should be careful of the exclusions some of which are major particularly under the buildings insurance section. Be sure to read the policy booklet to fully understand what is covered and what is not.

Offline RachaelP

• Newly Registered
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2014, 03:30:42 AM »
Just found this thread so it may be a past issue. However beware of cheap Turkish based home insurance if you are renting out your property. They often have negligible third party liability cover. Our Aviva Turkish policy was £1000 limit so we changed to Intasure. That low sum is of course fine if you bear in mind that Turkey does not have the same blame culture as the UK. But if you do let your place out and advertise and run your lettings on a UK based site and are to all intents a UK based business (I.e. submit a UK tax return as well as a Turkish one and accept payment in the UK) you can in theory be sued in the UK if some prat fails to monitor their children and they fall off the balcony or something equally hideous. Not sure if you are still liable in the UK courts if all bookings were taken in Turkey. Needs a proper solicitor to comment I think.  An extra hundred quid a year for 3 million pounds of cover and a company with a good claims record seems like good value if I were to get sued for a drunken fall down our marble staircase.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf