Author Topic: Cheaper Electric  (Read 7312 times)

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 20:14:07 PM »
We were at our villa from August through to Sept last year when it was b---dy hot. even when we were inside with doors open you still needed the movement of air to circulate around and it is a sight cheaper than A/con,

Having lived out in the Desert for a while it was one of the little things I picked up on, if you have renters in you will find they will leave A/con on as much as possible so the less units running the cheaper the bills

Ron

Offline JSGH205

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 22:17:22 PM »
WHERE WE LIVE WE HAVE ALL GOT THE NEW DIGITAL METERS AND ALL OUR BILLS SO FAR HAVE BEEN MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OLD TYPE METER MINE WAS 130 MILYON OVER THE WINTER 2 MONTHS AND I HAVEN'T GOT AIR CON. YET. IF I HAD THE CHOICE I WOULD STAY WITH THE OLD METERS.

Offline spotty

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 22:54:22 PM »
We are putting aircon in the lounge, but are now looking at the possibility of one of those card things mentioned earlier. I know its a risk when renting out but as I have an alergy to mossies I prefer to shut the doors in the evening - not that I intend to stay in that much mind you!! I suppose if the cost of running them becomes an issue when renting we will have to think about charging for it!!! My sister went to Cyprus last year and had to pay extra for aircon!

Shirley

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 22:59:46 PM »
Now there's a point.
Wonders if anyone here charges for aircon?
Lets face it alot of apartments do charge.............
Anne

Offline Harley

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 07:59:23 AM »
I've lived abroad in hot climates and although i coped pretty well with the heat during the day, i found the evenings to be unbareable...

Would it be possible to put a timer on the air con unit in lounge ...?

If we restrict the usage to evenings / night times then it shouldn't effect the bill that much...

Harley

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 17:26:20 PM »
we have a built in timer on our air conditioning beko ,i think you will find most of them have  .
          kim

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 18:08:49 PM »
Yes we have a timer on ours, but the guests can change the settings

Ron

Offline kim

• Harefield, Middlesex, UK
Cheaper Electric
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2004, 18:10:52 PM »
our timer is on the remote only. kim

Offline teresa321

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2004, 18:33:40 PM »
Where we stay at Dalyan, there is a charge of £10 per week per unit in the appt.  The units have only just been put in and there is one in each bedroom i.e. 1 bedroom = £10  and 2 bedroom = £20  I am happy to pay that if I feel I need it.

I am putting one in the lounge at Calis, but we are not renting so it isn't really an issue for us. But if you do rent - it is food for thought, is it possible to put it on a different circuit (no pay/no air cond).

Teresa

Offline Evie

Cheaper Electric
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2004, 20:28:43 PM »
The Air units in the States are "fixed" by the villa owners so that they cannot be turned below about 72 degrees - this stops thoughtless guests from turning it down too low - this prevents execessive costs or/and prevents the unit from freezing up. Are the A/C units in Turkey "fixable"
Evie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf