Author Topic: Cappadocia  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Chilli

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »
We went to Cappadocia mid oct, we were there for 4 nights (2nts in Urgup in a cave hotel and 2nts in Ortahisar) which we felt was just enough, we drove up there via Konya and stayed there one night. This drive was ok compared to the route coming back, we went via Mersin and Antalya.  Everything is ok till Mersin but then the rest of the journey is a coastal road which had so many lorries so trying to overtake on the winding road was a nightmare.

Offline lcoulby

Cappadocia
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 15:42:00 PM »
Hi Pookie
We did the balloon flight when we were up there. We arranged it with the guide for the trip we were on, but I believe there are booking offices in Goreme. I do think if you have the opportunity it is an unmissable experience as until we went up we didn't fully appreciate the scale and the beauty of the colours of Cappadocia. We were picked up (on turkish time = english + 1 hour) put into the back of a transit and driven at breakneck speed over desert watermelon fields to meet the balloon - the landing was bumpy to say the least, but the flight itself was fantastic.
Linda :)
p.s. I can't seem to upload a photo so here's the link to an arial shot from the balloon
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1522047305059823192EsjGNT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf