Author Topic: Cali Beach, beach  (Read 4448 times)

Offline hazel dorrington

Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 14:59:40 PM »
No Twin Bee i'm afraid that wouldn't help. When they collect the rubbish they purposely leave anything that might be recyclable. As this is the sole income of some locals I don't want to deprive them of their livelihood and the rubbish men do their best to scrape up the true rubbish. What is left blows around in the wind for a couple of days and then is often picked up by someone who has a use for it. The worst offenders are the people who go into the bin and tear the bags open looking for cans letting the contents spill out on the ground. In fact it is better to leave anything recyclable outside the bin  to avoid this. At least this is what happens in the bins around my area.

Offline sprinter03

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2007, 09:23:14 AM »
In all the years we have been coming to Turkey the rubbish problem has never changed.This year we had a big bin at the end of our road for the disposal of rubbish but the majority of Turkish people were leaving their rubbish nearby to it rather than go to the bother of putting there garbage inside of it.It was the same last year and the year before at the places we stayed at.I dont think anything will ever change because thats just the way they are and always have been. I dont think anything will ever change either until the Turkish are forced as we are to dispose of refuge in a proper manner.I dont know what Health and Safety laws there are governing garbage disposal in Turkey so I cant say if the law is being broken by just dumping garbage anywhere they want to. As I say I can't see things changing at all.

Offline sannyrut

Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
Yes,this subject has been raised before under various themes,and I do agree with a lot of what has been said(in fact probably everything).I would love to buy somewhere in Calis to stay,but my spouse won't.In September this year,I pointed out the new apartments behind Oben restaurant.She said"Beautiful,but look at the rubbish dumped beside".It was builders' rubbish.Broken tiles,bricks,whatever.Also,the large wheelie bins are raided every day for profitable cans etc., and the rotting fruit and vegetables are left beside them on the road.If the local Council were aware,would they try and make an effort,or are we too fussy?Oddly enough,I saw the remnant's of takeaways strewn near to our house today,and we don't live in a holiday resort.Seems endemic,but needs sorted.

Offline suzi Q

Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »
There's always rubbish nearby our place. Even the local Turkish residents can't be bothered to walk to the end of the street and place it in the bins provided, they just chuck it in the nearest ditch. Then the dogs pull it about,plus the odd recycler and the rest just blows about everywhere.
On the way to the beach I take a carrier bag with me and pick up what rubbish i find on my way and place it in the bin. don't take 5 mins.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 13:29:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by suzi Q

On the way to the beach I take a carrier bag with me and pick up what rubbish i find on my way and place it in the bin. don't take 5 mins.

:)[^] Great stuff Suzi Q, that's what I call Positive Action  :) 8)

Offline hazel dorrington

Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »
I would love to organize a litter pick of the canal up to Gunlabasi,which would be best done in the winter when the vegetation has died down. The only thing is that one week later when lots more rubbish had been dumped I would probably get so disheartened

Offline Mike69

Cali Beach, beach
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2007, 19:49:57 PM »
Hi laffa

What did you mean,go by the Sat? Please tell me more.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 19:51:04 PM by Mike69 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf