Author Topic: Calis tap water  (Read 5672 times)

Offline tonysue

Calis tap water
« on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
I was told Fethiye tap water was safe to drink. So is Calis tap water the same? Would  using a water filter be of any help? We always use bottled and struggle home from the shops and as we cant do without our cuppa's, use quite a lot.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:22:34 AM »
I'm sure there are people 'in the know' who will give you specific info but my understanding is that the only problem with the tap water is the high mineral content which we aren't used to- hence the proliferation of kidney stones in the local people. However your post seems to indicate that you are using bottled water for your 'cuppas'. If that's the case its not necessary as the tap water is fine once boiled.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:15:02 PM »
My cousin lives in Calis and she drinks it ( I think she does filter it though.) There is a shop that opened up this summer down by the Oyken hotel, Rami the owner will deliver your bottled water (and anything else you buy) free of charge. Saves you having to carry it all back, he does a mixture of sizes up to 10 lites I think.
Hope this is a help to you.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 13:30:37 PM »
Hi we use a lot of water have just bought water machine best money ever spent they del and install 4 tyl 10 ltrs machine 180 tyl A.GAS shop in road opp school in gunlukbashi well worth it still use tap water for tea .

Lance

quote:
Originally posted by tonysue

I was told Fethiye tap water was safe to drink. So is Calis tap water the same? Would  using a water filter be of any help? We always use bottled and struggle home from the shops and as we cant do without our cuppa's, use quite a lot.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 14:57:15 PM »
We only use bottled water, firstly because of the kidney issue, but more importantly we have a glass kettle and tap water makes it look horrible  ;)

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Calis tap water
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 15:59:23 PM »
Tap water makes tea taste horrible too!  We only use bottled water for cold and hot drinks.   We use tap water for cooking and teeth cleaning etc.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 16:05:48 PM »
like scunner posted a bit worried about the kidney issue try  the water dispensers are brilliant hot and cold so do not have to boil a kettle just foe i cup of tea get our water from the same place as lance some times the water arrives before you get home

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Calis tap water
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 16:27:28 PM »
According to my husband boiling the water will not get rid of the minerals, in fact, it will just concentrate them!
Jacqui.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Calis tap water
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 22:56:59 PM »
Jacqui your hubby is absolutely right. If you boil it and condense the steam that's OK as you'll have distilled water. Bit time consuming and a lot costly.
Ken :D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 22:58:08 PM »
Your husband is correct.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf