Author Topic: Calis tap water  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Stressed Eric

Calis tap water
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:20:48 AM »
Been drinking mains water here in Ovacik for nearly 2 years and prior to that we collected water from the cemetry in Fethiye. We've never had a problem except our kettle needs cleaning of limescale on a regular basis. There are many areas in the UK whose tap water has high mineral levels, but it rarely stops people drinking the water. Mains water is a godsend, saves us a small fortune every year.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 09:42:30 AM »
If your kettle furs up with limescale does it not make you wonder what it is doing to your Pipes.[?] Spend 4TL on a 19litre bottle of water...You might just live a little longer :)

Offline Keith

• Middleton, Manchester, UK
Calis tap water
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 12:34:12 PM »
From my experience the bottled water also firs up the kettle. Maybe not as much as tap water. But it still firs up. I live in Manchester where the kettle never firs up ever. But people still get kidney stones.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 14:39:46 PM »
 :)We have had this topic before, and I can only stress the fact that boiling does not make any difference, I spoke to a doctor in Fethiye about the same thing when my daughter was ill ans he insisted on bottled water, if you are drinking from the tap its only a matter of time before you will get a reaction, some quicker than others, its not worth the chance. ;)

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 15:07:47 PM »
Crikey- I figured that our 2x2  weeks stays wont do us any harm but maybe it will! I have to descale the kettle at least once a season so can imagine what our kidneys look like!

Offline tonysue

Calis tap water
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 16:34:56 PM »
Would love to think of a witty reply to stressed eric's cemetery water.But I'm laughing too much.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 17:32:53 PM »
:DI was thinking the same when I read it, A sort of start off as you mean to finish, ;)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 18:03:14 PM »
We use bottled water from the cooler exclusively for all cold drinks and hot using the kettle.......There is no fur in the kettle after over three years. Evidence enough I think. :) :)

Offline Stressed Eric

Calis tap water
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 05:56:52 AM »
Not one of our expat friends who have drunk the mains water for many years have ever had a problem. I've never heard of anyone having Kidney stones, including all our Turkish friends who drink the water. Once again, is this a question of scare mongering...wheres the statistics?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Calis tap water
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 06:05:56 AM »
Just take or leave the advice, nobody needs to provide you with statistics.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf