Author Topic: About foreigners residance permit  (Read 48937 times)

Offline littlereddevil

About foreigners residance permit
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2008, 16:58:31 PM »
Hi Cazaustralia
You def don't need residency visa to open a bank account.
I have 2 turkish bank accounts one in gbp and one in ytl

Offline cazaustralia

« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2008, 17:57:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by littlereddevil

Hi Cazaustralia

Oh if only it were that easy I'd tell the HSBC that the Gov.rules that are now being implemented are wrong. If you are on a tourist visa or still have a residence in your home country and produce a utilities bill from there, then you're O.K., but for new residents officially making Turkey their only full time home,then the new Gov.rules apply.  
There is a definite tightening up going on re. tourist versus residence loopholes, that's probably also why a Gov.ID number is being considered.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2008, 19:17:55 PM »
Despite not being a member yet, Turkey is having to apply EU rules. The recent crackdown at the banks is in an effort to stop money-laundering.

Last year you didn't need Residency or a Tax Number to open an account.

This year you do.

Next year, who knows ?

Burasi Turkiye! Her Sey Mumkun !
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 19:20:16 PM by KKOB »

Offline starman

« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2008, 21:19:50 PM »
quote:

Hi Cazaustralia

confirmed that this info is not current. might be the rule a few months ago but this hhas been in effect for a while and I have also posted the fines the bank gets and the cashier for opening a bank account without a residence permit.

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2008, 01:06:33 AM »
I also have two bank a/cs both ytl not a resident but do have tax nos.

quote:

Hi Cazaustralia

Offline starman

« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2008, 08:22:14 AM »
caz, why are the rules wrong? have you triedto open an account in the UK if you are not resident? takes upto 6 months even if you do have all the papers and visas etc. So Turkey is only just catching up but more flexible.

Offline cazaustralia

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2008, 07:00:06 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by starman

caz, why are the rules wrong? have you triedto open an account in the UK if you are not resident? takes upto 6 months even if you do have all the papers and visas etc. So Turkey is only just catching up but more flexible.

No no, read again, i'm in agreement with you, I have been told in no uncertain terms that a res. visa is now compulsary.. no disputing that on my part... but others who already have accounts before the new rule seem to be disputing the fact, I was inviting anyone from that camp to come with me into the HSBC and try telling  manager there that he is wrong..Even Koray at Ataktranslations made a call to another bank and was surprised to be told that even although a fast track res. visa is on it's way a new account cannot be opened until actual visa is shown at bank. I also know that there are back-doors to side-step rules but I don't want to go there.

Offline starman

« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2008, 07:24:54 AM »
I know the boss of HSBC Turkey very well and occaisionaly go and have a beer with him.
He told me about the regulations and the fines that HSBC get if they dont comply as most foreign owned banks are monitored more for compliance then turkish banks.

Offline Chinook

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2008, 13:19:49 PM »
I opened an account with HSBC last August and a different type of account with them in November. On neither occasion was I told that I would have to produce a UK utility bill. On the second ocassion they said it was not necessary  as I paid the electric bill for our Turkish property by direct debit. I do not have a residence visa and it wasn't the branch local to Calis.

Confusion reigns = its Turkey

Offline cazaustralia

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2008, 05:24:38 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Chinook

I opened an account with HSBC last August and a different type of account with them in November. On neither occasion was I told that I would have to produce a UK utility bill. On the second ocassion they said it was not necessary  as I paid the electric bill for our Turkish property by direct debit. I do not have a residence visa and it wasn't the branch local to Calis.

Confusion reigns = its Turkey

I'm not confused at all, and the bank is consistant...you proved a utilities bill.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf