Author Topic: lost wedding ring  (Read 1922 times)

Offline lolo

lost wedding ring
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:18:26 AM »
Last Monday I lost my wedding ring don't know where it fell off. (hubby does not know yet). I had been in the nil bar until about 10.30pm then crossed the bridge to get a doner,then I went back across the bridge to get a taxi home.
Arrived home and noticed my ring was missing. I have been in touch with Angel and her and her staff have searched the bar but no ring.
If anyone finds it I would be very grateful if you could get in touch with me through my email address.
Many thanks Lorraine.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
lost wedding ring
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 14:42:04 PM »
Hi Lorraine, I hope you find it, but if you don't remember you can make an insurance claim for the ring, don't know if the Turkish policies are the same, but valuables are covered up to a certain sum on U.K. Household Policies.  As an Antiques Dealer I always tell my customers to photograph all their jewellery (and valuable items) and also, if possible keep receipts, comes in handy for claims.
Good luck
Jacqui.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 17:23:32 PM »
Hi

Sorry to here about the loss of your ring. My wife had her wedding ring stolen a few years back in Icmeler.

Fingers x'd you get it back.

Offline dizzy dora

lost wedding ring
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 17:53:17 PM »
That is awful, you must be devastated, I had my engagement ring and a ring my mother bought for me stolen, hope you do get it back , I am going ot there next Wednesday is Nil bar on the promenade, I will call in to check if you would like me too
regards
Sue

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 21:53:35 PM »
:PShaun, dont remind me of that bloody Icemeler incident, I still go sick at the very thought of it, and I do hope you find your wedding ring. ;)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:01:44 AM »
Sorry to hear you have lost your ring you must be gutted.

Is there any chance you could have taken it off in the hotel before you went out and it could be there.

Just clutching at straws :)

Offline lolo

lost wedding ring
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »
Thanks to everyone for your concern about loosing my wedding ring still have had no luck in finding it.
We do not have insurance in the UK but we do have it here in Turkey as we live here I did not report it missing to the police as I thought it would turn up,If it had been stolen I would have. What I think must have happened was it went very cold in the evening and it must have slipped of my finger.
One thing I have learned from this is to be more careful and maybe not drink too many efes.
I still have my fingers crossed in case it does turn up.
Thanks again to you all Lorraine

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »
Hi There

Again ,I hope you find however if the worst happens and it doesnt turn up, maybe you could try what we did. We used my wedding ring and  pieces of gold that belonged to my wife's late mum and grandma, and had them melted down to produce two new rings. This meant that she at least had some of the original gold in her replacement ring. Not ideal, but a suggestion if you have to replace it.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 19:02:58 PM »
Jukebox that is so lovely.

I had to get my wedding ring cut off when I was pregnant. I wore it for years with a split in the back and as you can imagine it got caught on different things.  It eventually split right through, Gus wanted to but me a new one but it would not have been the same.
I managed to get it fixed but I like the idea of getting it melted into a new ring.  I just find it hard to part with it.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
lost wedding ring
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 06:58:24 AM »
Hope you find the ring, cos as an ex-insurance man, and also to my cost, if you do not report it to the police, the insurance WILL NOT pay out, same as if you want to put in a claim against the aircraft, it has to be reported before you leave the airport. ALan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf