Author Topic: Walking Clubs  (Read 1631 times)

Offline ginny.geofftaylor

Walking Clubs
« on: October 22, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »
We have friends staying in our villa for 3 weeks in November who are very keen on walking.  Is there a 'walking club' they could join whilst they are here. if so how can they apply for membership.  Our villa is situated between Fethiye and Calis on the Migros Road?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Walking Clubs
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 14:00:21 PM »
I do a bit of unofficial guiding around the Kaya Valley and the Lycian Way if they want someone to accompany them around that area.

Offline ginny.geofftaylor

Walking Clubs
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 14:50:40 PM »
Thank you, I will pass your details onto them and they can possibly contact you before they leave England.

Offline wickwilly

Walking Clubs
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 17:09:04 PM »
Your friends could check out the Fethiye hash house harriers website. They meet fortnightly and are a mixed group of people who walk 6-8 kilometres . The next one is 28th October.Website is Fethiyehashhouseharriers.com

Offline greybeardbob

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 18:29:06 PM »
There is a publication "All Dressed Up and Know Where to Go" describing 12 Walks in the Fethiye Area. The walks take between 1 1/2 -3hours. The instructions and maps were printed in 2002 and are not always perfectly clear but my wife and I tried a couple without any real problems. I bought my copy from a restaurant in Kaya Village.It was the first or second restaurant on the right when approaching from Hisaronu.The restaurant displays a map of the local area on the outside wall ang gives free copies away.The book is available if you offer to pay (10 lira?)which is donated to local schools. If there is no way you can get a copy pre purchased on your behalf let me know your address i will send you my copy on loan.

Offline bigfellow

Walking Clubs
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 15:54:32 PM »
KKOB you seem to be the man i am looking for. will be in calis
from march 10 to april 3  would love to take in some good walks
while over.  did madeira last two years and returned home like
mountain goats.  fit as  not looking like them. would it be to
crass to ask what your rates are and what in km would be a good walk.
regards

Offline julesbob0303

Walking Clubs
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 17:17:30 PM »
Just changing the subject slightly - is there a running club near calis/fethiye?  My husband is a very keen runner (when he's not boozing and singing at karaoke!!!) and wonders if there are any clubs etc near by.  Thanks.

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Walking Clubs
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 17:21:26 PM »
Bigfellow, make sure you see Afkule Monastery , a truly wonderful place with wonderful views.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf