Author Topic: Calis property Prices  (Read 1987 times)

Offline sprinter03

« on: October 25, 2007, 18:24:22 PM »
Just wondering if the property crisis crash in the usa has affected the property prices in Calis as yet .We are getting warning here in the UK that we are in for a similar crash to the usa.Some experts are say this others that.I want prices to rise as a homeowner but as a seller not to rise.Any views on this back there in Calis?

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Calis property Prices
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 20:16:41 PM »
i have noticed in the local property papers a lot of the properties for sale on the wirral have been reduced by to up to £2,000,so prices are dropping here

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Calis property Prices
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:23:13 AM »
Some 'experts' say the market will crash, some say it will suffer a slow down, some say a correction, other say no change, and finally others say prices will continue to rise.  These same experts have been saying this for the past several years.  The result is that one of them is right, the rest are wrong, problem is no one knows which one is right.

If you have bought to sell in the short term then its too late to do your homework now, if, as I have, bought to use it then it doesn't really matter.  My house in UK has more than doubled in price but I still don't have any cash, you cant spend bricks!

Just roll with the punches, if the Government cant second guess the market what chance do you think we have!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Calis property Prices
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 08:39:47 AM »
sprinter, i may have this wrong somewhere, but as a homeowner wanting prices to rise, surely as a seller you would want them to rise too, as a potential buyer you would want them to fall, maybe i got up too early to understand, can someone explain it to me, please. Alan

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Calis property Prices
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 10:43:49 AM »
 :) Just sit tight Alan, your happy as you are,  ;).

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Calis property Prices
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 18:06:21 PM »
Sandrats not sure I would but a great deal of reliance on the uk government to get any thing right least of all property prices. the facts are 1. population set to expand therefore more property needed.2.usa property crash in part due to sub prime lending, people of poor credit history / low income being allowed/ encouraged to borrow more than they can afford to pay back at higher than normal rates and as interest rate rose last year they the borrower defaulted on the loan, normally the banks just foreclose selling the homes, but as so much to so many had been loaned the banks weren't able to get at the cash which has sent a shiver through the banking world, and some like northern rock who were over exposed caught a cold. 3. I think UK rates down by at least .25% before Christmas and possibly more in new year around spring time. I like property as an investment over the long term, not so many fast bucks to be made at the moment though, now is the time to buy in the run up to Christmas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf