Author Topic: auction night  (Read 2893 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

auction night
« on: October 26, 2007, 09:57:14 AM »
just to say thanks for a great night. Thought it was well organised and terrific rsponse from bidders made it a lovely evening.Well done to all concerned

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
auction night
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:49 AM »
 :)Thats great, lets know how you got on,  ;).

Offline hubblebubbles

auction night
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 17:43:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laffa

:)Thats great, lets know how you got on,  ;).

Like I said a super night lots of laughs bought a dinner for four  at Irish Bar friends bought horse riding lessons and I donated the offer of  two home made cakes which raised 48 lira so wating for buyer to let me know when they are required.Hopefully another auction will be organised in a few months time.Thanks for your reply

Offline Pi55y

auction night
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 21:55:43 PM »
Hubblebubbles it was Durant from the Desperado riding  school that bought the cakes - in fact I think he bought all the cakes - poor horses!!!!  :D (only joking Durant  ;))
Thanks for your contribution, we are glad you had a great night and hope you enjoy your meal at the Irish Bar (try to avoid November 16th though as anything could happen then - Calis Carnival Children in Need Fun Night :D.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 21:57:15 PM by Pi55y »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
auction night
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 22:56:32 PM »
 :-\ This question IS a pain in the proverbial... I don't think I'm the only 'Nosey Parker' wondering LOL  :-\  I wanted to 'Bid' on some things, but did not because I was unsure of what to offer.

Would you be able to post a list of what the advertised 'Promises' fetched please. Would help me decide if I could 'Bid' in future.

Ta xx

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
auction night
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »
Cef, you just bid up to what you want to pay, if someone bids higher, you drop out of the bidding,you may pay more, or you may pay les than the item is worth, but it's all for charity, whatever you do, don't start off with your highest bid, start with a nice low one , or just a bit higher than the one who bid before you. Alan

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
auction night
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 05:52:04 AM »
Won't work if you are a commission bidder.....you have to go in with your once only highest bid and keep your fingers crossed. :)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
auction night
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »
 :) Thanks Alan & TB  :)

Offline Pi55y

auction night
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:51:30 AM »
Thanks for explaining Number 2 and TB. You are right you just go in with what you want to bid - go in low and see where it gets you and drop out when it all gets too much.  As for commission bidders again look at the item and see what the maximum is that you would wish to pay and put this in as your maximum bid.

Some items were real bargains others went far higher that we expected - it's all part of the fun and of course everyone was bidding with the knowledge that it was all going to charity.

I am pleased to report that several items were won by commission bidders, in most cases less than their maximum bids,  and that some are members of this forum  :).

Thank you again to everybody who supported us. We are hoping to hold another "Promises" Auction next year in the run up to the Carnival on 7 June.

Offline Pi55y

auction night
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:05:46 AM »
I forgot to say that there are photos and a report of the night on the Calis carnival website www.caliscarnival.com  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf