Author Topic: Travel Insurance.  (Read 3415 times)

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Travel Insurance.
« on: October 26, 2007, 17:07:11 PM »
My current insurer will not extend travel insurance cover to anyone of 65 years of age or over.
There is a wide range of policies available from other insurers for this age group but the prices vary from reasonable to very expensive.
The cover offered by the various companies seems to be similar but some are from well known insurers others from lesser known or,to me,unknown insurers.
There are no health complications.
Anyone on the forum in this age group care to recommend an insurer or otherwise?
I did a search on the forum but found nothing specific to my enquiry.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 17:15:47 PM »
If you pay for your holiday by credit card you can often get holiday insurance for free or very cheaply through the card issuer. Have you tried that ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 17:16:29 PM by KKOB »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 17:31:40 PM »
Not in your age group yet John, but we are with the Royal Bank of Scotland and for an extra £10.00 per month we have a Royalties Premier Account, it's a joint account so applies to us both it gives discounts on lots of stuff i.e. hotels, meals, travel etc.,  They also give us a Travel Insurance Policy which last as long as we have a premier account.  This means we are paying £100.00 per year for the two of us and we are covered for all holidays and breaks we take all year round. I am sure other Banks do this too, maybe you should find out if your Bank will cover you.
Jacqui.

Offline John H

Travel Insurance.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 17:33:18 PM »
Looked at credit card card cover some time ago but generally this type of insurance has restrictions or limitations on it which did not suit me. I forgot to add that I was looking for an annual policy covering me and my personal stalker(wife). Not looking for cheap insurance especially just reasonably priced, and especially, reliable. Thanks anyway.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 17:39:09 PM »
Try Age Concern or Saga?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 17:41:14 PM »
http://www.saga.co.uk/finance/travelinsurance/

Try these, cant find any upper age limit

Tinx ;)

Offline John H

Travel Insurance.
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 18:21:41 PM »
Age Concern and Saga are at the very top of the list of expensive insurers. There is no problem in getting quotes for my age group just that they vary dramatically in price for what appears to be similar cover.The various quotes I have range from around £55 to £200 for an annual policy for a couple for holidays in Europe. I wondered if any Forum members had any good or bad experiences either with upper or lower priced insurance cover which would direct me to or away from an insurer. The difference in prices of some of the quotes was surprising as some were underwritten by the same insurance company.

Offline tonysue

Travel Insurance.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 22:17:21 PM »
Try covermytravels.co.uk  A years annual europe travel insurance for couples, trip duration up to 62 days -£112 with excess waived. Hubby has heart condition which is also covered.  0800-9177829

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 22:53:09 PM »
My husband always purchases his mum and dads insurance through Egg, father in law is a shrewd man and he has found this insurance to be very reasonable although it is only single trip insurance due to age but no upper age limit. Beware of so called free insurance - we purchased a holiday to florida with the enticement of free insurance - was not worth the paper it was written on as we had the unfortunate need to claim, guess what, there were so many loopholes we could not claim but when we looked at our household insurance we were covered and so claimed that way!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 22:53:51 PM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline mazza

• Denton, Manchester, UK
Travel Insurance.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 08:50:54 AM »
Try Help the Aged, I have just got cover for my mum, who is 85 by the way, who is going to Benidorm at Xmas and it was only £35 approx for 7 days.

Marilyn

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf