Author Topic: Dalaman Airport Prices ( Daily Mirror )  (Read 2502 times)

Offline P Cawley

Dalaman Airport Prices ( Daily Mirror )
« on: November 03, 2007, 22:10:17 PM »
Hi All,
Did anyone see the article in the Daily Mirror today ( Sat 3 Nov ) slagging off Turkey for ripping off tourists? It was mainly people writing in to complain about extortionate prices at the airports and in-particular Dalaman! Many people saying they would never set foot in Turkey again!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 22:12:47 PM »
No

Offline clair

• Uttoxeter, UK
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 01:31:22 AM »
i read that but then again it's not hard to make a butty and take a bottle of water to the airport to avoid paying those ridiculous prices:D:D but there are still people that pay stupid amount for a sandwich yet if people stopped it may make them rethink prices or not just my thought  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:36:57 AM by clair »

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 04:16:46 AM »
It is a shame that people will not visit Turkey again as Airport prices is only one aspect of a visit. If a person is aware of this they can do as Clair says and take their own refreshment.
I still love Turkey despite the prices at Dalaman!
Pete  ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 04:17:34 AM by canalman »

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:30:46 AM »
It makes you wonder if they enjoyed their holiday, if they let 2 or 3 hours in Dalaman airport put them off the whole country. Alan

Offline Linda

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »
It is a shame and some people can be very small minded but as stated in previous topics the reality is that the extortinate pricing is not good for tourisim as is the bad press

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »
You have to admit that the airport is you final experience of Turkey and for some it can remain as a lasting memory. I do believe that some aspects of Fethiye have changed over the recent years, for instance, I used to love going to the markets, now I loathe the whole experience, where once it seemed to be good humoured banter where you ended up with a bargain, now I watch in horror as tourists are simply ripped off or conned. In September I was looking at a stall that sold kitchen stuff, a Turkish lady bought three wooden spoons and paid 1.5 lira, then an English lady saw the spoons and the guy on the stall had the nerve to say "special offer, 3 for 10 Lira, which she duly paid. How many times have you seen poor sods buying that lemon water which cures everything from in growing toe nail to Cancer? You can get two bottles of the stuff for 1 lira in the shops. We have heard about the scams operated by many of the change beuro's, again, nothing short of theft. Two years ago I wrote on here how I was charged more for drinks in Hisaronu than it costs in London, look how you can get ripped off in the fish market if you don't know where to go. It's great for many of us here who know 'the drill' but for many, some traders feel it is a legitimate practice to steal from the tourists. It's got to stop !

Rimms

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 08:59:40 AM »
This is the third topic on the same subject, please check the subject isnt covered before posting a new one.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}18256&Banner=1

Tinx
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:01:05 AM by tinkerman »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »
stoop will be along to lock this :D

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:01 AM »
Being ripped off is a legitimate reason for thinking that you would never want to return to a holiday destination. It is not small minded to think like this. People have a right to expect that prices will be reasonable at airports. People who have been before and return, know the score but many hoidaymakers are first timers and dont know. The solution is not for tourists to change their behaviour but for the vendors and taxes to charge less!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf