Author Topic: Discussion forum "Nazis"  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »
Picking up on a comment by Linda1953 about MyMerhaba in another thread (but by no means a direct reply to that, this is a general comment).

People moan about administrators and moderators - asking people not to type in capitals, not to have 1 to 1 conversations, to use the search facility, locking topics, deleting phone numbers etc., but you have to have rules if the forum is to survive and grow.

I would ask all members to have faith in a superb (and gentle) moderator team here. The team are all just like the rest of the members, Calis and Fethiye lovers - they don't get paid for their time, they do it because they love the subject of the site. They are better off than me though - I have to pay for the bloody thing  ;)

I would like you to imagine the alternative  :):

I will return all moderators to normal member status, allow typing in capitals, private conversations, guarantee that no matter how off topic, rude or personal a topic becomes it won't be locked, moved or deleted, remove the registration process to allow anyone to post even if they gave a false email address, (generally to attack someone or to post endless adverts for Nokia phones or p0rn sites etc.) and let the forum continue from there.

I am sure that in your mind right now you are thinking of what the forum would have become in just a week's time - and it wouldn't be pleasant.

Please don't see the rules as some sort of dictatorship, the fact that we have them is a massive explanation of just why we grew to this size and didn't self destruct in 2004.

Thanks.

Offline carlan

Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »
Here, Here, scunner!
I can't imagine why anyone would object to the rules laid down here, it would be absolute mayhem without them. I would have thought Congratulations and Thanks would be more appropriate comments to voice.
Keep up the good work guys, you all do a fantastic job, you have made a lot of peoples expedition to Turkey a whole lot easier by only allowing sensible posts and reams of invaluable information, not forgetting the jolly good company!! 'Many Thanks'

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Cheers, and I do apologise for those (including me) who jump on those who turn up and post without getting a feel for the style and understanding the rules in place - but they did turn up and post without getting a feel for the style and understanding the rules in place!

How anyone can read enough of CBF to decide they would like to join, yet didn't notice that nobody types in capitals is beyond me :(

Offline denniz

Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »
i agree,excellent forum,a mind of information for anyone considering coming to turkey(not just calis)for a holiday or to live, not perfect but nothing in life is, i feel the right balance between everything is and has been achieved, thanks scunner and well done to all involved...
dennis...

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
Ditto all the above.  I just wish I'd found it BEFORE we bought!!!!

(the caps are on on purpose!)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »
Well said Scunner  :) Gotta have the 'Mods' to deal with those 'Rocker's'  ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
:DYour all ok just sack Tinx. ;)
 Joking Tinx,:P

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 12:50:43 PM »
Yes, I think the moderator team are doing a cracking job and should be rewarded for their hard work :oP

Offline GrantT

Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:54:18 PM »
Just out of curiosity - what is the problem with capital letters ?  I've seen it mentioned a few times.

Thanks

Offline john0164

Discussion forum "Nazis"
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
keep it as it is it would be a shame to change everybody is so polite and the site has helped alot
thankyou scunner and other members

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf