Author Topic: European Van Lines  (Read 6248 times)

Offline starman

European Van Lines
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 04:14:52 AM »
Also does it state in the quote about THC & SIT and the any customs taxes? You have to remember that when you get a quote for door to door that it wont be the final cost as there will be extra charges like the ones mentioned.
These charges all come from Izmir port and customs and nothing to do with the transport companies themselves.

Offline Diverbaz 1

European Van Lines
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 04:51:56 AM »
As I said in my post above, I have always expected to have to pay the taxes etc, I have allowed for that. Also as I said above I found most of the information on the forum, it has been a great source of information for us.

The quotes I have recieved state that we are responsible for,

EVL: Local duties, inspections, taxes. Local quarantine, decontamination or immigration charges.

Britannia: Government warfage taxes, extensive customs inspections, x-rays and or agricultural inspection (if ordered) or fumigation (if ordered) and any subsequent quarantine charges.

Niether state a monetary amount for any of these "services", thats where other peoples experiences are useful on this forum. I am under no illusion that it is not going to cost me, I am a bit of a pessimist, I am allowing what I think is more than enough, if it costs less, all the better.:D

Maybe my original query should have been, has anybody had experience of their packing quality and shipping times as the quotes all makes it seem too good, as I am aware of the costs. Just didn't want breakages and insurance hassles if they can be avoided.

Thanks guys

Baz 8)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
European Van Lines
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 05:25:45 AM »
It is NOT mandatory to go to Izmir to clear your goods. We used Sumerman in Istanbul to whom we gave power of attorney to clear on our behalf.  8)

Offline Diverbaz 1

European Van Lines
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 05:43:07 AM »
May not be manadatory for personal attendance, ok, but you or your representative with power of attorney will need to go to Izmir (if using a representative it will probably cost even more). I intend to use the trip to see some more of Turkey, one of the reasons I am moving to Turkey.

Baz 8)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
European Van Lines
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:12 AM »
On the contrary Sumerman's quote was cheaper than than any Uk quotes I received, but I take your point about wanting to see Izmir. :)

Offline holidayworld

European Van Lines
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »
The are not very help full if you get any problems at Customs and if anything changes they like to put prices up and if you don't pay you have to find someone else or you have to stump extra money up. Try WESTON & EDWARDS they where cheaper for a fiend who just having his house goods moved out here the price he got was for a 1100 cubic foot container i.e. 20ft one the price was £3040 and European van lines were going to charge £3600 so there is a difference. Make sure with your Agent you use that do you have to be at the Customs to show your passport and or Residency, they don't all tell you this but check just incase.

here's the url for weston & edwards www.westonandedwards.co.uk

Never use a company called BENNETTS REMOVALS they tell you a price then pick your goods up to get shipped then they like to change the price as well and you have to pay it unless you are still in the UK to sort things out also so there are a Few Bad REMOVAL guys out there.

Enjoy moving.....

Offline AndyLin

European Van Lines
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 14:47:29 PM »
Hi Baz
We used Easymove of Swindon, they even went to Cardiff to pick up my dad's boxes and put them on the same container at no extra cost, infact my dad some money back. Had to go to Izmir to sign for it in and out in 10 mins. Can email you details if you want.
Lin
P.S Andy want's to know if you want to dive over Jan,Feb

Offline kevman

European Van Lines
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 08:56:35 AM »
We used Freightbrain Int.Who organised everything from England to Izmir.The Turkish Representative was Ozcan Soyer who was a super guy.We had to go to Izmir and that was giving him Power of attorney.The charge was 2,400 to Freightbrain, 1,200 to Soyer.The bus fare to Izmir was 40 lira return and the Port charges were 400 lira.We thought that was excellent value. Needless to say our container arrived with no breakages and we now have our home from England!!!

Offline Diverbaz 1

European Van Lines
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 11:36:35 AM »
Thanks AndyLin, have sent email.

Baz 8)/Kaz[:X]

Offline Firo

European Van Lines
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 16:48:59 PM »
We used Foxs in Newport Wales and had to go to Izmir. Ozcan Soyer said we HAD to be there and could not give him power of attorney to save ourselves going.
£3k to Foxs and £900 to Ozcan Soyer which inc charges, taxes & a sweetner to smooth things along.... prehaps thats why he insists that the people are present. Receipt was for a lot less!
I have only found one person who has not had to pay a sweetner, everyone else has been asked for a little something to move things along quickly. Never saw a customs official only his staff in the 2 days we were there.
We arrived at his office (straight of the ferry after 6 days on the road with dog in tow) did all the paperwork then were told to come back the next day (try finding a hotel in Izmir that accepts dogs...cost us £150)!. Duly arrived at 10am went to the port spent 30 mins doing more paperwork and the told to return 5 hours later [:(!]When we returned we then had the discussion about costs, but by this time we were desperate to get on the road to get on to Fethiye so we paid up. All this time our goods had been in Izmir for 4 days.
He seems to handle all imports for the UK what ever company you use and can only assume thats why he's always smiling  ;)
Foxs were excellant and nothing arrived broken in our 20ft container.
Good luck
Fi
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 16:50:43 PM by Firo »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf