Author Topic: Mailman, but where's the mail?  (Read 1749 times)

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Mailman, but where's the mail?
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »
I believe we now have a mailman in Calis, the question is where has all the undelivered mail gone that was stacked up against the wall in the post office, cos it aint been delivered, they couldn't get rid of all that in a day or 2, not the speed they sort it, my son is still waiting for his 21st birthday cards, about 6 or 7, they can't have all gone missing, do they burn them or put them in a skip? Alan
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:19:42 AM by Anne »

Offline Jock

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 09:09:22 AM »
I went to Fethiye Post Office on Monday to have a look what was going on - what a fiasco!!

It was my sons 2nd Birthday at the end of August and still waiting on 3 parcels and upteen cards. Halloween outfits were posted last week of September.... still not here. They claim to have no post for me at all - not even a bill, so where is it all??

Now christmas is coming it is now getting a bit worrying, I am currently working in Hisaronu and have given Hisaronu PTT as my address to all friends and family. Went down yesterday and as soon as I walked in the postmistress handed me my 1st parcel - posted 10 days ago. Great service Hisaronu PTT keep it up - Fethiye PTT and Calis Postman can bugger off!! You can keep my bills!

Offline sugarybaba

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 20:04:10 PM »
Haven't had a bill for Digiturk , telephone or internet for 2months now so forget xmas cards or what !!
TIT this is turkey ............... love or leave it XXX

But sometimes I just pine 4 uk ...lasts about 5 mins usually

Offline Jock

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 06:46:53 AM »
TIT this is turkey ............... love or leave it XXX

Dont think that is a very nice thing to say.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:47:36 AM by Jock »

Offline apollo

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 07:14:25 AM »
The PTT in Fethiye and Gunlukbasi also need to get their prices sorted out.

Last week my wife was in the queue to post a couple of cards in Fethiye PTT. The lady in front of her posted 5 letters to the UK and she had to pay 14 lira. My wife posted her two letters to the UK, 1 lira each. Nothing was weighed or stamped.

This week, here in Antalya, she posted 7 letters of various sizes and weights,to the UK, all were weighed and stamped the total cost was 4 lira.

Offline Jock

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 11:56:16 AM »
Just received another parcel to Hisaronu PTT, it was posted from Scotland on 22nd November! Well done Hisaronu Postie !!

Offline Fethiye

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 09:31:37 AM »
Hi,

We covered this the other day here http://www.fethiyetimes.org.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=viewid=1178itemid=58.

Maybe you can spot your post in the pile we photographed! They won't let you look through it or take anything away...very frustrating if you have something important like a bank card or the like in there! :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf