Author Topic: Father Christmas comes to Calis!  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Pi55y

Father Christmas comes to Calis!
« on: December 02, 2007, 20:38:23 PM »
Father Christmas (Noel Baba) will be in Calis next Sunday, 9 December, when he flies in to visit the Calis Carnival Christmas Market and Craft Fair.

After a quick detour around the Sunday market, he will be arriving by "sleigh" along Calis seafront with Tommy Turtle the Carnival Caretta (Calis Carnival's official mascot) at 2 pm in the afternoon. He will then take up residence in his grotto outside the Nil Restaurant and will be there to meet the children until the close of the event.

Demand for stalls at the Christmas Market, the first to be held in Calis, has been so great that we have now had to extend it into four seafront restaurants, the Berk, Orient Express, Nil and the Bambu.

There will be approximately 35 stalls selling various crafts, jewellery, cards, decorations, framed photographs, gifts, bric a brac, books, cakes and preserves. There will also be Tombola and Guess the weight of the Christmas cake stalls, mince pies, lots of mulled wine and roast chestnuts.  

Local singer Kenny will be leading communal singing of festive Christmas songs throughout the day.

The Christmas Market and Craft Fair takes place from 11 am to 5 pm and money raised from the stall fees and the Carnival Committee stalls will go to the carnival charities - helping deprived and disadvantaged children in the Calis area.

Please visit our website www.caliscarnival.com for further details of all fundraising events and the carnival itself  :).

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 20:43:08 PM by Pi55y »

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 21:08:00 PM »
Good luck Chrissy, hope that you raise loads. Chris & I can't be there, can you donate via the website?

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 21:18:18 PM »
Hi George, I am sure that you and Chris will get a chance to support the charity at one of our forthcoming events or even at the Carnival itself but if you do have ideas/suggestions (possibly a promise for the next big auction to be held during Carnival week?) please e-mail us through the carnival website.  Hope to see you both soon  :).

Chrissie  www.caliscarnival.com

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 23:19:48 PM »
Sounds like it's going to be a great day Chrissy.  Well done to all of you

Offline GailAhmet

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 17:07:46 PM »
I'm still trying to recover from all the excitement!

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 20:14:02 PM »
I'm sure that in the future we might get to understand your sense of humour Gail, but in the mean time, don't try too hard.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 21:13:46 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rimms

I'm sure that in the future we might get to understand your sense of humour Gail, but in the mean time, don't try too hard.

There was no humour meant in that post, it was pure sarcasm. It says a lot about her that she passes snide remarks about a fundraising event. The people involved are giving up loads of their time to support this initiative. I've seen the nasty and spiteful things she has been saying on other forums about this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 21:19:37 PM by Jukebox »

Offline richie-r

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 07:03:46 AM »
i,ve seen them as well,usual rubbish from a complete saddo

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »
Ok, let's not bring this down to insult slinging and nastiness.

It's about raising money for kids that really need help locally, not about personal vendettas and ill feeling. I know personally that there are too many people who won't support a much wanting cause because whoever is involved in the fundraising - it isn't about whether or not you like the people making the effort, it's about making your own effort.

If that is the way people speak on "other forums", keep it there. If I have to lock this topic because of it, then it is a reflection on CBF a whole, and I wouldn't like that.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 09:48:17 AM »
I think it's a fantastic effort, I wish I was there.... :o(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf