Author Topic: Calis Christmas Market is on - Come Rain or Shine  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Pi55y

Calis Christmas Market is on - Come Rain or Shine
« on: December 07, 2007, 18:03:45 PM »
No matter what the weather is like on Sunday (and we are checking it hourly :D) the Calis Carnival Christmas Market and Craft Fair WILL GO ON.

We had a meeting with the four restaurant owners on Thursday evening and if the weather is bad they have kindly agreed that we can can call in Plan B and that all 36 stalls can set up shop inside their restaurants.

So no matter what the weather throws at us, we are all on for a great day!

The traditional Christmas Market and Craft Fair will be held at the Orient Express, Nil, Berk and Bambu restaurants on Calis Seafront from 11 am to 5 pm. The 36 stalls will be selling beautiful hand crafted items, silk flower arrangements, Christmas wreaths, jewellery, cards, decorations, framed photographs, snowmen, gifts, bric a brac, books, cakes and preserves. There will also be Tombola, a Bottle Stall, Guess the weight of the Christmas cake stall, mince pies, mulled wine and roast chestnuts.

Father Christmas will be arriving by "sleigh" with Tommy Turtle the carnival mascot at 2.00 pm and will be there to meet children in his grotto all afternoon. Local singer Kenny will also be leading communal singing of festive Christmas songs.

So no matter what you are doing on Sunday get on down to Calis for a great festive day and support the carnival charities at the same time  :) :) :).

www.caliscarnival.com

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 18:52:54 PM »
Best wishes for a hugely successful day.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 21:49:16 PM »
 :)Hope you have better weather than we did here today, good luck, you must try and do some of these events in the months when more members are out there. ;)

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 22:10:01 PM »
Good luck, hope you raise lots of lolly  :)  Would love to help sometime, if I'm ever over for long enough  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 22:14:06 PM »
Mrs KKOB/ Jennie here ...... Great news, coz I can't find me big brolly! and I need new wellies  

This might seem a silly question PI55y, but will we( stallholders) be able to get our mits on coffee's tea's etc from somewhere close or should I bring my bumper flask?:D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 22:15:16 PM by KKOB »

Offline Pi55y

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 10:10:52 AM »
Yes you will be able to get tea and coffee Jennie, the fair will be outside (or in depending on the weather) one of the four restaurants and you will be able to order from the waiters without leaving your stall - thought you mind prefer the mulled wine though  ;)

laffa - there will be loads of stuff leading up to the Carnival on 7 June so hope you are here for some of it  :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:13:02 AM by Pi55y »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 11:29:22 AM »
Chrissie - may I suggest that you tell the waiters to keep on the move constantly, just in case a member of the "blue rinse" brigade happens by and makes an offer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf